Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts! (Read 38555 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts!
Reply #950 - Jun 2nd, 2009 at 4:47pm

Afternoon!
We went to town, got some supplies and picked up the van which is running a bit rough while it gets used to the new alternator. I think we've run out of major things to break on the van so we should be good for quite a while. [Glares at Hermes!]
Skywise will be leaving in about 45 minutes and I'll be settling in to work on Chapter 11. It's too hot and icky/sticky to do much besides think and type so I'll kick off my shoes, get comfortable and do just that. The weather is supposed to be lively this evening so I can't plan on getting much done then.
Later.
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2009 at 4:52am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #951 - Jun 2nd, 2009 at 8:00pm

Grrr..... I just checked the radar and it's beginning to break out in atmospheric acne. Time to turn on the television to the "radar channel." *sigh* Looks like it could be a long night.

The writing is going well. I still haven't got a handle on the battle scene I need to write but there is a lot of other stuff that needs to go in this chapter and I'm getting that written.  I'm going to write as long as the weather permits and inspiration remains!
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #952 - Jun 2nd, 2009 at 10:54pm

The storms are arriving, slowly but they're arriving. I've gotten a good bit done so I'm not too unhappy.
I went out and checked "the swamp" after the dishwasher stopped and it was beginning to show dry dirt so, of course, it's going to rain but at least I know that when the ground isn't saturated, normal usage won't cause the swamp to flood. I'll just have to be careful when I do the laundry and how many loads I do at once.
Hear thunder. Be back later.
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2009 at 7:48pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #953 - Jun 2nd, 2009 at 11:36pm

Back. The storm was short and to the point, without too much in the way of noise and wind.  The breeze is nicely cool at the moment.
I will now get back to work!
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #954 - Jun 3rd, 2009 at 1:13am

Ahhhhhh..... the battle is finally underway, figured out how to use MOST of what remained after cutting although I wish I could get a certain Original Poster by the shirtfront and get an answer to the question "WHAT THE Smiley WERE YOU THINKING THAT NIGHT????
Oh well, I'll use what I can get to fit and cut the rest.
Right now, I need to get started on some dinner. Little writerperson is getting hungry. It's been a long while since that double cheeseburger I had for breakfast....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #955 - Jun 3rd, 2009 at 4:49am

Ahh.... Dinner's eaten and I feel MUCH better. The storms seem to be over for the night, Skywise is home and is winning World War II singlehandedly. AND, the fight scene I'm working on is coming along REAL well. I'm not going to get it finished tonight -- my wrists are beginning to hurt -- but the lion's share of it is done. It's going to need some tweaking and a couple of characters need to have their parts beefed up but other than that, it's pretty much the way I want it.  I'm going to need to check Book 3 Chapter 1 to be sure I have/keep things straight since Book 3 starts maybe an hour after Book 2 ends. [Yeah, I know. If this was all one volume it would approach War and Peace in length! I'm gonna be kind to my readers though. This saga will be broken up into "easy to carry" pieces!] Once this last [for the moment!] battle is up to standard, I'll have one more situation that will have to be dealt with and that will be that for the first draft of Book 2.  Smiley  Then I'll read it over to make sure I haven't missed anything before I start hunting an agent. I want to be able to tell potential agents that One is finished and Two is in a pretty detailed first draft.
Whew! Lots to do.
But I'm finished for the night.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2009 at 5:27am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #956 - Jun 3rd, 2009 at 3:48pm

Morning!
It's been an aggravating day so far. I've pretty much given up on doing anything useful in the way of non-writing activities today. I will sit, listen to the rain -- the radar is a multi-state wide sea of rain in shades of green -- and write. That should keep me out of trouble. Smiley
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #957 - Jun 3rd, 2009 at 7:15pm

Making headway on the battle scene plus I went back and inserted some detail that needed to be in there before the battle. Once this is done, I'll have one major piece left to write and I got some ideas about that this morning so, barring any more meteorological nonsense that drives me away from the computer, I should have Book 2 ready for a "read through" -- oh my aching eyeballs! -- by Monday. Maybe the weekend.
Gonna grab a snack and get back at it.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #958 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 12:03am

I've been plugging away and the battle scene is just about whipped.  Smiley I'd be farther along but for the plaintive meowing of the War Queen. She wanted cuddles and since that seemed an excellent idea to me as well, I knocked off for a while and had serious cuddle time with my Beloved kitty. I'll be starting dinner before too much longer although it is difficult to believe that it's time. It's just now 8 in the evening and it's still light out. The sun won't set here for another hour. My "internal clock" is a mess.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #959 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 4:14am

Done for night and heading out.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #960 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 1:44pm

Morning!
It's brisk and chilly out -- mid 50's! -- but it isn't raining so Skywise has had the boycats out for a walk so we have kitties with muddy feet! Right now, the Prince of Midnight is helping Skywise clean up their feeding area. They all tend to be rather messy eaters!
I've finally gotten my archery target set up. The Prince found it most fascinating. And yes, I'll be sure all feline persons, most especially young curious ones, are inside when I practice.
Right now, I'm going to grab some tea and breakfast. Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #961 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 2:33pm

Skywise and the boycats are still outside. I'm inside with Chapter 11 on the desktop working on something I originally wrote on the fly in the hope that it will eventually make some sort of reasonably logical sense. I know what I'm trying to say, I just need to figure out how to say it and sound reasonably intelligent at the same time! Smiley
Maybe if I move that sentence there.....Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #962 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 6:56pm

Still working. We ran into town to gas up the van and we grabbed some lunch while there. Skywise surprised us by pulling into the Dairy Queen. He thought that a "treat" was in order. We didn't argue. I had a small hot fudge sundae and I will be VERY good for the rest of the day!
This tangled section of Chapter 11 is just about untangled. I have one bit left to write in this section. Then all I'll have to write is a couple of incidents that will be referred to in Book 3 and Book 2 First Draft will be ready for me to read it through. Gods willing, I'll be doing that Saturday.
Okay, I need to write a kick butt battle scene. Hand to hand finishing up with swords...
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #963 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 8:58pm

I'm working on the last bit in Chapter 11. In it, Our Hero has it out with the woman who used love/lust spells to worm her way into his heart, life and bed and thereby causing him to break the heart of his True Love. It ain't gonna be pretty and writing it is going to take a while but once it's done, the first draft of Book 2 will be finished.  Smiley I've already pasted all the chapters into one long word doc for "read through" purposes and it is LONG. Of course, changing the font and the size will reduce the page count but that comes later. Right now, I need "size" so I can catch the typos.
I'm going to take a break and think about this. Catch ya later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #964 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 2:04am

After a quick "going over" I have pronounced Chapter 11 "done" pending a slower inspection which I will get to directly. It's pizza night so I've got serious "kitchen duty."
Tomorrow, I'll be reading all of the first draft of Book 2. I should be finished by Sunday. [I'm allowing time to recover from "eyeball meltdown". Smiley ] I think I have a title for #2. I'll make up a title page and see how it looks.
Next up: getting an agent. I'm going to work on my letter while I research them. I don't know how long it is going to take to find one. I hope it isn't too long. Probably something I should hit hard in my affirmations...
I should do something useful in the way of dinner and going over Chapter 11.
Later.
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2009 at 2:06am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #965 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 4:54am

I'm halfway through Chapter 11 and I've corrected a bunch of minor glitches and continuity errors but the eyes are giving out and there is laundry on the bed.  So... I'm heading out.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #966 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 1:42pm

Morning!
It's another chilly day. Right now chili is sounding good for dinner! At least I won't get overheated on my walk today!
I've started working on proofing Chapter 11 and I've made up a title page for Book 2.  I'm not 100% on it and I'll be considering other possibilities.
*yawn* Need tea. Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #967 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 4:39pm

Chapter 11 is proofed and I'm starting on Chapter 1. I would have been done sooner but for a "distraction" of the naughty kind and a couple of others that were not nearly as pleasant. Everything's handled now and 11 is in good shape. Now to go back to the beginning of the book..
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #968 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 10:57pm

Chapters 1 & 2 are done and I'm working on 3. Chapter 3 must be good.  It's making me cry and I wrote it! I also know what happens and it is STILL making me cry!
I'm presently loading Mozart's Requiem in D Minor into our iTunes from a cd. I want to have it there for the 9/11 anniversary.
Thinking too much about the dead these days...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #969 - Jun 6th, 2009 at 4:23am

I've finished proofing Chapter 3 and I'm working on 4.
I've added "You and me against the world" to the iTunes library. It made me cry. It made me remember my mom since that was "our" song. I'm going to set up a thread in Sacred Spaces in the next few days for YouTubes or song links dedicated to the dead. I've got the first three picked out. I just have to wait until I can stay up late one night to do it. Need that unlimited download time for the YouTubes.
Skywise came home without his shirt.  Smiley Still working on getting an explanation for that one since I'm pretty sure I sent him to work in a long sleeved "dress" shirt....
Gonna proof a bit more before bed.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #970 - Jun 6th, 2009 at 5:08am

I'm about halfway through Chapter 4, making some small changes but the eyes are giving out so I'm calling it a night.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #971 - Jun 6th, 2009 at 5:13pm

Been to Greenwood and back. What a difference a year makes!

Getting ready to "proof" and do laundry. It hasn't rained for a few days so I think I can do a couple of loads without flooding the swamp. Hold a good thought.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #972 - Jun 6th, 2009 at 7:43pm

I've gotten through Chapter 4 and have one load of wash in the dryer. I'm going to wait a couple of more hours before I do another one. That should keep the "swamp" from flooding.

Starting on Chapter 5. Getting through these early chapters is hard. I keep bursting into tears! Which is rather ridiculous when you think about it since I wrote the thing! I am, as my mother always maintained, "a tender hearted bean!" especially when it comes to romantic tragedy and that is what these chapters are. The waterworks should let up when I get through Chapter 7 which, barring distractions, should be today.
Back to proofing! Later.   

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #973 - Jun 6th, 2009 at 9:08pm

Chapter 5 is done and I need a break. I'm thinking I'll slip out for a walk.

I've just found this. It's interesting but I wouldn't be doing it without a black belt in Krav Maga....

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/06/04/real.life.superheroes/index.html

Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #974 - Jun 6th, 2009 at 10:38pm

Back from my walk.  Moonie took the boys out and they hit the catnip. The Prince of Midnight has started eating it too and he was zipped around the yard he was turbo charged! Smiley I'm going to start on Chapter 6 and work on it for a bit before I start dinner. The chicken is still frozen solid.....
Later.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 
Send TopicPrint