Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XI: The Post that Ate Sheboygan! (Read 38501 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XI: The Post that Ate Sheboygan!
Reply #900 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 9:48pm

Miss Amber is on the stairs.... *hiding under her desk*

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #901 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 10:42pm

I'm back. I gave the aspirin a chance to work and I'm feeling a bit better. Now I'm drinking tea and getting caught up.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #902 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 10:58pm

Heartburn and nausea for two weeks now.  Do I need to say more?

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #903 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 11:19pm

Not really.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #904 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 11:23pm

Dry crackers will help with the nausea... So will ginger if you can handle it.

I swear I drank gallons of warm water and baking soda during that time in my life, to abate the heartburn... And I could NOT eat peanut butter without getting ill. It was about two years later before I could eat peanut butter without the nausea... Roll Eyes

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #905 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 11:40pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 at 11:23pm:

I swear I drank gallons of warm water and baking soda during that time in my life, to abate the heartburn... And I could NOT eat peanut butter without getting ill. It was about two years later before I could eat peanut butter without the nausea... Roll Eyes

Dry crackers make me gag LOL  Tried those.  I can drink Mountain Dew Code Red.  And peanut butter?  I've spent my entire life HATING peanut butter.  The smell of it would make me gag.  But today, I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and it was sooooo good.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #906 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:02am

aranarose wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 at 11:40pm:

Dry crackers make me gag LOL  Tried those.  I can drink Mountain Dew Code Red.  And peanut butter?  I've spent my entire life HATING peanut butter.  The smell of it would make me gag.  But today, I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and it was sooooo good.

My problem was I LOVE peanut butter, especially with apples or raw carrots (I know, I'm weird!). So eating it was only natural during that time in my life... Until I got SICK from eating it that is!!

I despise grapes with a passion so when I said that grapes sound GOOD, Hubby said that's when he knew for sure I was... I ate so many of them during that time, I'm surprised my son didn't grow up loving them. He is like me and despises grapes!! LOL

Never tried the Code Red, I can only drink a tiny bit of Mountain Dew before I gag, it's too darn SWEET for my liking. I couldn't eat the dry crackers either, those make me barf, especially if I took the horse pill sized vitamins. UGH.

My sister drank orange juice by the gallon, it was the only thing that held her nausea at bay during her first time... However, just looking at a potato laying on the counter would make her dash for the bathroom that time around... And she loves potatoes!! LOL

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #907 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:05am

I was talking to my sister today... Apparently, all three of her kids are going to be at the family get together this weekend.

I wonder what kind of prank my oldest niece and I can come up with to slap on her brother...????  Smiley (Evil auntie is a BAD influence!!!  Smiley)

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #908 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:20am

Veridian Etoile wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:02am:
aranarose wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 at 11:40pm:

Dry crackers make me gag LOL  Tried those.  I can drink Mountain Dew Code Red.  And peanut butter?  I've spent my entire life HATING peanut butter.  The smell of it would make me gag.  But today, I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and it was sooooo good.

My problem was I LOVE peanut butter, especially with apples or raw carrots (I know, I'm weird!). So eating it was only natural during that time in my life... Until I got SICK from eating it that is!!

I despise grapes with a passion so when I said that grapes sound GOOD, Hubby said that's when he knew for sure I was... I ate so many of them during that time, I'm surprised my son didn't grow up loving them. He is like me and despises grapes!! LOL

Never tried the Code Red, I can only drink a tiny bit of Mountain Dew before I gag, it's too darn SWEET for my liking. I couldn't eat the dry crackers either, those make me barf, especially if I took the horse pill sized vitamins. UGH.

My sister drank orange juice by the gallon, it was the only thing that held her nausea at bay during her first time... However, just looking at a potato laying on the counter would make her dash for the bathroom that time around... And she loves potatoes!! LOL

I am craving Chinese food right now.  And I generally hate Chinese food LOL  It's quite annoying.

I'm going to the doctor Friday morning.  I'm still not 100% sure; although considering J now talks to my belly every night, I think he is LOL  I have blood work to see where my hormone levels are at on Friday; we'll see how things are going then.

At this point, I'm cautiously optimistic.  I don't want to get my hopes up too much, because I know how my life can be at times.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #909 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:24am

*fingers crossed!*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #910 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:33am

Smiley AR. Healthy, happy thoughts on the way for ALL of you!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #911 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:46am

I REALLY have to pay more attention to the cats when I'm on the computer....

Miss Noelle just dive bombed me and scared the dickens out of me!!  Smiley

I'll be under my computer desk if anyone needs me...  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #912 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 2:51am

Gee, thanks Firefox, for doing a complete meltdown on me which forced me to have to RESTART the entire computer....  Smiley

I'm back in FF now... I do have other browsers but I am a FF girl at heart....

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #913 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 2:54am

Veridian Etoile wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 2:51am:
Gee, thanks Firefox, for doing a complete meltdown on me which forced me to have to RESTART the entire computer....  Smiley

Don't you just love it when that happens? NOT.  Luckily, I'm on a Macbook Pro, so I don't generally have total meltdown issues.  Though I do have a Windows partition on my hard drive, and THAT does have issues... like running a good 20 or 30 degrees hotter than the Mac partition.  So annoying...

Of course, I have been having some issues with internet sticking on me.  Quite aggravating...

Ah, the joys of computers.  Can't live without it though; kinda how I make my living.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #914 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 3:05am

aranarose wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 2:54am:
Veridian Etoile wrote on Aug 11th, 2011 at 2:51am:
Gee, thanks Firefox, for doing a complete meltdown on me which forced me to have to RESTART the entire computer....  Smiley

Don't you just love it when that happens? NOT.  Luckily, I'm on a Macbook Pro, so I don't generally have total meltdown issues.  Though I do have a Windows partition on my hard drive, and THAT does have issues... like running a good 20 or 30 degrees hotter than the Mac partition.  So annoying...

Of course, I have been having some issues with internet sticking on me.  Quite aggravating...

Ah, the joys of computers.  Can't live without it though; kinda how I make my living.

It drives me "flipping" crazy... I have Windows Vista on my computer with FF 5 and most of the time it works great... Others... Roll Eyes

I love computers as a rule, except when they go WONKY on me!! I'm hoping to make my living by computer eventually too, but via writing like our Penth. My Writings update/grumblings thread is in the Writing life forum if anyone wants to see how things are going with THAT... Roll Eyes

I'd love to be able to get my computer tech diploma/certification but I can't afford it right now. As it is, I may wind up going back to work outside of the house until things get better here...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #915 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 4:58am

This little moderator is starting to get sleepy...  Smiley I'm going to listen to Penth now and go to bed.

Have a great night everyone, I'll see y'all sometime tomorrow!! Cheesy

Nighty night!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #916 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 5:03am

Nite hon! I'm heading out too. Busy day tomorrow.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #917 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 4:12pm

Afternoon! We're home and I'm heading downstairs to start assembling things. I couldn't get exactly what I wanted so so serious rearranging is in order...
I'll be back periodically to check on things.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #918 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 4:17pm

I'm around so no worries Penth. Cheesy I've been in for a while but haven't felt like saying anything.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #919 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 5:16pm

The first set of shelves is nearly done. Once Skywise is on his way, I'll get them finished and start on the next set.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #920 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 8:33pm

Both sets of shelves are assembled and in place. I couldn't get exactly what I wanted today so I had to improvise which ended up involving me lifting one rather heavy storage unit and putting it on top of another storage unit. The muscles in my back, butt and arms are going to be screaming bloody murder before too long but I have the units where I want them to be and thanks to a lot of books on the bottom and C-clamps on the top, the whole thing is fairly stable. I will have to get creative with various small steel braces but I can get to that later. Assembly of the bed can wait until tomorrow.... Or Saturday.... Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #921 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 9:39pm

My neck is killing me today.  Old, old injury flaring up.  It has not been fun.

And it has been brought to my attention that I've been moody this week.  Oops, my bad... I blame J.  It's all his fault LMAO  Damn hormones...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #922 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 10:01pm

My son just sang along with the Family Guy theme... LOL

And Miss Noelle has done her usual "thank you" for supper yowling.... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #923 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 11:28pm

I'm out for the night. See y'all tomorrow!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #924 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 1:57am

Okay, I'm back.... I was working on UT #7 and decided I couldn't stay away.... Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 40
Send TopicPrint