Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happening XXXVIII: The Posts Take Manhattan (Read 29083 times)
Ravens Tears
God Member

Re: What's Happening XXXVIII: The Posts Take Manhattan
Reply #850 - Dec 20th, 2013 at 10:42pm

I'm here sorta....  When I did make it to the clinic a couple days back the Dr said VIRUS.. nothing they could do to help except what I had already been doing for myself.   Undecided  He said to come back if it got worse... it's not worse but it's not better either Roll Eyes ARG!  I wonder if some mulled mead or hot buttered rum might help?  I'm sleeping a lot anyway!  Thanks for letting me whine btw! ((hugs))

I have a 25lb turkey frozen solid in the shed, I guess I should be bringing it into the back hall to thaw today if I want to be able to brine it before Christmas day?  I'm so grateful my back hall stays around -1 to  4C in the winter, so it's just like one big  fridge, because that turkey won't fit in mine!  I stick it in a cooler and it usually takes 3 days to thaw, that would leave about 24 hours to brine.  I think that should work out nicely. 

Oh and thank you for sharing that lovely cockle-warming pic in the other section  Grin  Made my day!

VE, love your attitude don't ever change it!

I feel another nap coming on but I'm trying to fight it.  Trying to show this virus who's boss...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #851 - Dec 20th, 2013 at 10:48pm

Smiley Feel better RT, and I won't change, I promise! Wink

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #852 - Dec 20th, 2013 at 10:51pm

Feel better, RT!

Yeah, that pic warms things up nicely, doesn't it?

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #853 - Dec 20th, 2013 at 10:53pm

((hugs)) back at yah both Smiley  Thanks Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #854 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 1:33am

We are getting seriously rained on at the moment and it's knocking me off the satellite. We're expected to get 2 to 4 inches out of this mess. If it were snow, we'd be looking at roughly 20 to 40 inches.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #855 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 4:39am

Another break in the downpours. I've been knocked offline several times but not for long -- just long enough for my IP to change when I reconnect.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #856 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 6:27am

Skywise is on the way but I need to get prone so I'm going to head out and do that very thing while I'm waiting for him.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #857 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 12:21pm

Morning. I'm here although I'm going to be quiet. Research awaits! (BARF!)

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #858 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 1:43pm

Morning!  Feeling a bit better today. Smiley  Had a melatonin last night seems to really have helped.  Just trying to get myself out of bed...  The -40C with the wind chill has made the room cold.  Not much incentive to really get up!  I'm just grateful we don't usually get rain here in the winter. 

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #859 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 1:51pm

-40??? BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! That's cold on both scales!! Stay warm RT!!!

It's about 2C here, or about 33F... Not bad, but we are under a freezing rain warning... In other words, ICE STORM ALERT! *SIGH* I am NOT looking forward to it at all!!!

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #860 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 2:25pm

So I typed out another post on my phone to realize that I had lost my post button! LOLS!  Serves me right I guess for being lazy and trying to stay in bed!  I have been getting tweets this morning about freezing rain/ice storm warnings right through up to Ontario for this weekend.  We rarely have that kind of weather here and for that I am truely grateful.  I now have bacon in the oven (needs to be cooked anyway)  and a pot of full-strength coffee on.  If the kid wants half-caf he needs to make his own coffee today!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #861 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 2:47pm

We rarely get ice storms either, but it seems we're getting one this year. *SIGH* I'm hoping it's not going to be too bad. Hubby works the next four evenings until closing so I'm in charge of things here while he's gone. I just hope we do NOT lose power!

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #862 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 3:10pm

I can't remember if I asked before but do you have oil heat or is it baseboards?  We've got a gas powered boiler (the boiler is almost 90 years old) and we also have a fireplace if we're really stuck.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #863 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 3:14pm

We have baseboards, the most inefficient heating system ever. *SIGH* We do have an infared heater though, and thanks to that, the kitchen stays pretty warm for the most part. We're getting another one from Canadian Tire when they get more in, Hubby got a raincheck because they were sold out when he got there yesterday.

If the power happens to go off, we do have a year old kerosene heater and it's great.

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #864 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 3:20pm

You might want to check Giant Tiger as well, I know they have had them here in the store and on sale Smiley  They are also really good about returns for any reason as long as you hang on to your receipts.  At least ours has been.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #865 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 3:27pm

We got our first one there believe it or not! Ours is great too, we get a lot of stuff there, from groceries to other things. Son loves to go in there, because they have some awesome toys, or they do at ours at least. Cheesy

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #866 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 3:28pm

There is a link on this page for the one they're selling at GT 1500W for $99.00
http://www.gianttiger.com/category/house_home/hardware.do?nType=2

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #867 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 3:34pm

I'll alert Hubby... Thanks RT!! Cheesy I think the reason why he was going after the one at CT is because they are giving back gift cards with purchases over a certain amount and the infared more than covered it. Theirs are $100 at the moment and a brand he knows and trusts... I'll still tell him though! Wink

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #868 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 3:36pm

We get quite a few groceries at ours as well.  Our toy section probably isn't as big as yours but I like what they have there.  There is an emphasis on encouraging imaginative play instead of toys that play "for" the kids that I really like Smiley 

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #869 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 3:39pm

Town is pretty small and so is our location... The toy section there focuses on the same as your location does and that's probably why Son likes it so much. We got his drum set there a few years back, and he still uses it. The snare needs to be fixed (new skins and snare) but it's still a great set.

Hubby was in there last night (grocery shopping) and got a lot of good stuff, and he always gets his sandwich meats in there.

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #870 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 3:41pm

I figure it's always good to have a few alternatives  if needed.  CT is pretty good about coming through for rain-checks though.    There is a basic shower/faucet set I've been after that I was hoping would go on special soon.  I see that the boxing day week flyer is out already so it's probably worth a gander Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #871 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 3:45pm

It all depends on what it is at our location. There are some idiots working there so we watch things VERY carefully when we're in there to be sure things are kosher with sales, etc. Hubby got something for Son (something he asked for) half off at ours yesterday. I can't say what it is, the little monkey loves to read everything on the monitor screen sometimes.... KIDS. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #872 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 4:02pm

He's a smart cookie  Smiley

I see the ir heater is a Garrison.  We've been pleased with their products too Smiley  Looks like an excellent deal!  They have some faucet sets on sale but nothing suited to this old house.  I should probably get my butt in gear and get some housework done and let you get back to writing.  I'll be back later!  Have a great day! ((hugs))

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #873 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 4:08pm

It is a great deal and it's one that would heat the living room perfectly. Normally the living room isn't too bad but this year, it's been crazy cold in there due to the crazy cold outside. *SIGH*

See you later RT! I'm supposed to be researching today, due to Son being on winter vacation for the next two weeks so no writing for me unless I can stay up late and work then. I have a lot to do but playing games in FB is more to my mood. Procrastinating, I do it right. Tongue

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #874 - Dec 21st, 2013 at 4:09pm

Yeah, Son is too smart for MY own good.... LOL KIDS!! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39
Send TopicPrint