Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble...... (Read 13281 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble......
Reply #525 - Dec 10th, 2021 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
I sent the SCI GB patch to Ghost Corps today. I'm hoping that they'll send me an official certification and get the franchise on the list for promotional goodies.
Being "official" and having the proof will make recruiting a lot easier.
I know I'm hopeless. 
Every vehicle I see gets evaluated on how good an Ecto it would make...
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2021 at 6:44pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #526 - Dec 14th, 2021 at 3:10am
Print Post  
The Ghostbusters Franchises Worldwide facebook page posted some advice on starting a franchise without the benefit of "official" recognition. Personally, I think that since Ghost Corps started it -- apparently, they now say, as a promotional joke -- they should continue 'cause people DO take it seriously. And franchises that have it tend to stick it in people's faces and whether they intend to or not, lord it over those who do not have that recognition. It is human nature for people who are given a choice between a group that is "recognized" and one that isn't, all things being equal, they'll pick the one that's "recognized".

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #527 - Dec 15th, 2021 at 6:08am
Print Post  
Spent several hours today revising the handbook I wrote for my franchise. Last night's research brought up some issues that I hadn't considered. So I considered them and added them to the handbook. I spent some time this evening researching how to get a "non-profit" designation for the franchise -- definite tax advantages there -- and we'll probably have to organize before we can start that process. We'll need more people than we currently have to meet Indiana's requirements for a non-profit.

I'm also searching for a reputable firm to do background checks on potential members -- another issue that was brought to my attention. In these times, you can't be too careful... so yearly criminal background checks for everyone, including us. Between the background checks, the non-profit's requirements and general bookkeeping, I see a lot of files in our future. 

I gave up and ordered another Ecto Owner's manual. I can't find the one I bought back in '17 so there's no telling what condition it's in. So I've ordered a new one and I'll use it to plan/design my Ecto if I ever get one.

Ghost Corps should have the patch by now. I hope they respond with a certificate.
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2021 at 6:10am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #528 - Dec 16th, 2021 at 2:12am
Print Post  
I've bookmarked/copied the information from a company that does the work of incorporating a non-profit. There are probably other firms that do the same thing since the process looks rather daunting. I suspect that the requirements are standard but I want more information.
As previously mentioned, I'm also going to need to find someone who does background checks and I don't know where to start and what to look for. Guess I'll just dive into the pool and thrash around....
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2021 at 3:16am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #529 - Dec 17th, 2021 at 3:08am
Print Post  
I spent some time this afternoon researching how to "run" a non-profit. I have a long word document to go over. The first edit cut it down to 109 pages. Hopefully, I can shorten it a bit more.
The patches I ordered for the PKE Meter holders came today.
NOW all I need are the holders themselves....
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2021 at 3:16am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #530 - Dec 17th, 2021 at 7:52am
Print Post  
The Ecto Manual and The Art and Making of Afterlife came today. NOT that I've had time to savor either of them but at least they're here.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #531 - Dec 18th, 2021 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
I've ordered "Nonprofits for Dummies, 6th Edition" which "should" arrive tomorrow. There's a lot to know about the subject and this book looks like a good place to start.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #532 - Dec 24th, 2021 at 5:09am
Print Post  
I've received the book and I've been reading it as time permits -- which hasn't been often the last few days! Smiley The Christmas Rush is almost over and I plan to spend at least a little time during Christmas Weekend educating myself about the care and feeding of Nonprofits.

So far, nothing from Ghost Corps. It would be nice if they would at least acknowledge getting the patch.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #533 - Dec 28th, 2021 at 2:18am
Print Post  
The more I learn about nonprofits -- specifically 501(c)3 -- the more it seems like it's not a good fit for what we want to do with the franchise. More thought is needed but at the moment, a 501(c)3 or any variety of 501(c) doesn't look like what we need.

Sony will be releasing a set consisting of GB 1, GB 2 and Afterlife along with some "extras" and a reprint of a hard to find book. An uproar immediately started because ATC wasn't included. Now, after a firestorm of criticism from the fans of ATC fell on Sony's corporate heads, Sony has decided to include a digital download of ATC in the package. Not a physical DVD, mind you, but a download code which amounts to a piece of paper with the code printed on it. Screams of sacrilege immediately ensued with the offended cancelling their pre-orders in protest. Hopefully, Sony will come to the realization that ATC has a LOT of fans that don't like it when "their" favorite movie is dissed and they can be just as loud as that noisy bunch of crybabies that call themselves "true fans". I have no doubt that a ATC sequel with the same cast and a different director (ATC's director has burned way too many bridges over this to be entrusted with a sequel) would be very interesting. There is plenty there to work with although my suggesting that Jason Reitman could do wonders with it did not win me any fans. (NOT that I was looking for any.) Who knows? He might consider a ATC sequel a challenge, particularly if his dad is interested too.
As I said, yesterday, as pretty much my last word: Sony will do what it wants to do and no "fan" has any say about it. If Sony decides to give ATC another chance, they will. If not, they won't.
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2021 at 2:20am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #534 - Jan 4th, 2022 at 2:31am
Print Post  
I've started a little work on what sort of equipment the SCI GB Ectomobile should have. I'm researching/comparing the Ecto 1-A to the JH Mark 1 (from ATC) for ideas. One thing that the Ecto 1-A has that the JH Mark 1 doesn't is a CB radio. Fortunately we have one that has never been installed so when I finally get a van, we'll have that piece of equipment ready to go. I'm not sure if it should have a short wave radio installed or not. Oh well, plenty of time to decide. We'll need light bars -- front and back -- and a siren/loud speaker. I hope one or two of our potential/future members knows how to install that kind of stuff.

Both vehicles have a method of recharging proton packs in the field. I'll need both since SCI GB will use both models of packs. I already know I'm going to need about four and half feet of 8" diameter PVC pipe with caps and maybe some shorter lengths to substitute for items that I can't easily find. 

The Ecto will need an onboard computer and not a laptop since that might be too much of a temptation for someone to steal. A "mini-Mac" however, might be just the thing -- especially if it is very securely installed in the back of the van with a small monitor, also securely attached.

It will need some "techie" looking gear installed in the back to presumably control/monitor the hardware on the roof rack -- which is another whole 'nother thing to round up! We ought to be able to find some second hand gear that will work. Heaven knows, I've been collecting odd and ends of that sort of stuff for years..... Skywise might have some ideas there...  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #535 - Jan 5th, 2022 at 2:51am
Print Post  
Just scored some Spirit Halloween GB badges on Ebay and the price for 3 wasn't too outrageous given that Spirit Halloween doesn't have any on their website and I was tired of waiting for them to restock.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #536 - Jan 5th, 2022 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
Skywise has promised me an Ectomobile. Since I'm looking at Ford Club Wagons which are very old and were NOT normally used as "daily drivers", I should be able to find one at a reasonable price with low mileage in relation to its age. Time to start preliminary planning for the roof rack gear and the interior design.... Smiley  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #537 - Jan 6th, 2022 at 3:19am
Print Post  
I've been looking at various parts of an Ecto mobile and one really DOES need deep pockets and a fully equipped prop shop.
Since I don't have either of those, I'm going to have to get creative....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #538 - Jan 6th, 2022 at 4:32am
Print Post  
Started to watch a "fan film" -- supposedly one of the best around -- but.... it's in Italian and I don't feel like reading closed captioning for over 90 minutes. So, I posted a warning under it it and passed on it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #539 - Jan 8th, 2022 at 1:58am
Print Post  
I checked out another fan film this evening. This one is in English but not worth seeing again.  Smiley
Why?
First up, most of the action happens at night, in the dark so you really can't see what's happening. This is obviously a ploy to make it seem "spooky".
Secondly, and most importantly, the story -- if you can all it that -- lacks a beginning, middle and end. It stops with nothing resolved and you're left hanging. The "Ghostbusters" have been arrested by terrified, incompetent cops while the person whose house they supposedly broke into is standing there, perfectly capable of putting a stop to the nonsense and not doing it. A "To be continued" slide is obviously needed but is nowhere in sight. Time I will never get back but worth it, I guess, as a lesson on how to NOT produce a short film.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #540 - Jan 12th, 2022 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
I discovered that an item I want for our Ecto does exist so I won't have to figure out how to create it. Skywise reminded me that the old HughesNet dish on the Old House back porch would -- with a bit of paint to cover the company name -- work very well as the "satellite uplink" on top of the Ecto. It would have to be very carefully installed to minimize "drag" when driving down the highway -- not to mention NOT flying off when encountering a crosswind -- but we'll be enlisting some professional help with that!
I'm torn between having a single, rotating light on the roof of the Ecto or light bars on the front and back. There's time to decide but I'd like to get things like that nailed down so I can make a budget.  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #541 - Jan 15th, 2022 at 2:49am
Print Post  
STILL wrestling with the "budget thing".
Another thing I'm trying to puzzle out is that, according to the Owner's Workshop Manual, all three Ectos have the capacity to recharge the proton packs in the field. They all seem to use roughly the same methods. BUT. There is no information that I've found -- yet -- on how the recharging is done. So.... I'm trying to connect the dots without having all the dots.  Smiley
Kinda like when I was figuring out some of the connections on the ATC proton packs...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #542 - Jan 21st, 2022 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
I've started picking up odds and ends for Ghost 1. Specifically, I have the "No Ghost" magnets for the doors and the "Flammable" stickers for one of the items for the roof rack. I have the "Radioactive" sign and the "Things may fall off" sticker on order and I have some of the "No Ghost" keyrings we'll need. The CB has been around -- mint in box -- for a while. STILL haven't located the old HughesNet dish. I don't want to consider it a definite "have" until I check it out. I'm hoping to find the yellow atomic power cell box at Home Depot tomorrow, except that it will be gray but paint can fix that.
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2022 at 11:46pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #543 - Jan 22nd, 2022 at 12:07am
Print Post  
Note to self: We may need to install a "wind deflector/fairing" to reduce drag once we have all the stuff on top of Ghost 1.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #544 - Jan 23rd, 2022 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Currently looking at used satellite dishes to mount on top of Ghost 1 for the "satellite uplink". I think I've found one. I'm going to see what Skywise thinks before I commit.
Also trying to figure out how the "Proton Pack Recharging Unit" works on the two Ectos I'm working with. Gonna be "connecting the dots" some of which aren't there....  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #545 - Jan 23rd, 2022 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
Found a dish the right size and price so I ordered it. Skywise found a site with TONS of useful information about building an Ecto 1. I'm building a "hybrid" Ecto but the info is still useful.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #546 - Jan 25th, 2022 at 3:20am
Print Post  
Currently going through the Owner's Manual ferreting out what each component does.

In ATC, Holtzmann tells the team not to shoot at the Ecto (until later when they need to) because the canisters on top are "basically" a nuclear bomb. Okay, so far I haven't found anything on top of that Ecto that would cause a nuclear explosion. Granted, there is a small (8 x 8 inch) nuclear power cell on it but it contains Americium-25 which is commonly found in household smoke detectors. NOT normally considered "bomb" material. There is a liquid helium tank that has a "radioactive" sign on it and a CO2 tank but neither of those could produce the kind of explosion called for. 
So... what blew up?

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #547 - Jan 26th, 2022 at 4:03am
Print Post  
"Weird Science" might be weird but it's still "science" and has consistent rules. So says the person attempting to make some sense of Ghostbusters' science.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #548 - Jan 28th, 2022 at 1:02am
Print Post  
I've been trying to find a visual match for the "Proton Charging Tank" on the Ecto 1A from GB2. I've about decided that the prop department at the time slapped something together. I can't find anything that remotely looks like it and they had something like 2 weeks to build it. (It shows, by the way.) So they didn't have time for something to be ordered and shipped in. It's known that they had access to a lot of salvaged parts from airplanes and such so there was no shortage of materials.
I guess I'm going to have to stick to my current plan involving two 55 gallon drums....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #549 - Jan 29th, 2022 at 3:42am
Print Post  
After some research, I've realized that a proton pack "could" run out of juice during a prolonged battle and need recharging in the field. NOW to figure out HOW....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
Send TopicPrint