Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble...... (Read 13354 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble......
Reply #475 - May 24th, 2019 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
I've moved my sewing machine to the Old House. There's too much clutter downstairs -- thanks to the flood earlier this spring which required moving a lot of stuff around -- to work down there now. I'm also considering the purchase of a treadle sewing machine since I already have a stand for it. A treadle machine is much better for certain kinds of work because the needle only moves as fast as you pedal it. It will also be useful in teaching the girls to sew. Again, because of the speed thing.
I've just ordered what I need to transfer the pattern I'm using for the female uniforms to different, somewhat heavier paper. The pattern I've decided to use is decades old and more copies can't be had for love or money -- fortunately I have all the available sizes -- and can't be replaced and patterns become more fragile the more they're used. So... making copies. I have multiple copies of the pattern I'll be using for Skywise's uniform since that one is still in print. Since I'll have to alter it a bit for a comfortable fit, I'll be copying that one too.
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2019 at 2:39am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #476 - May 25th, 2019 at 2:20am
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 9:27pm:
The fabric has arrived, on a bolt fortunately. The ribbon, however, has not been shipped yet. Rats!
Oh well, that will give me time to make the patterns.

The trim has finally shipped. Or rather, the label for the package has been printed. They're sending it "Flat Rate Priority" so I "could" get it before Tuesday if they get the damned thing to the Post Office in the morning. I wouldn't mind waiting since it is a holiday weekend if they'd sent me an order confirmation email. They didn't and I had to get bitchy about it. Being sweet, reasonable and patient didn't seem like the way to go..... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #477 - May 25th, 2019 at 3:14am
Print Post  
I found another copy of the pattern I'm using on eBay. The price was right so I got it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #478 - May 27th, 2019 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
I am INDECENTLY pleased with myself.
I needed more copies of the pattern I'll be using for our uniforms since I didn't have the full range of sizes. The pattern is very old -- circa 70's or 80's -- and very hard to find. So I went on the hunt. It took some searching, time and megabytes --THANK GOD FOR UNLIMITED DATA -- but I found the sizes I needed! Even better, I spent less than $22 for the both of them!  Smiley I'm going to make copies of them and the stuff I need to do that arrived today so as soon as I know which ones I need to copy, I'll be good to go! 
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2019 at 10:41pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #479 - May 29th, 2019 at 12:57am
Print Post  
The trim is finally in the hands of the USPS! They shipped it "Priority Mail" -- probably to make up for taking their time shipping it and letting me know that they had the order -- and it should be here on Thursday. I wonder if they'll make me sign for it....

The patterns I ordered have been shipped as well. The letter carrier is going to be busy.
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2019 at 12:58am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #480 - May 30th, 2019 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
The trim arrived today along with one of the additional patterns I ordered. Smiley Things are moving along nicely for a change! I still have a lot of preliminary/prep work to do before I start cutting fabric but to do it right, "prep work" must be done.
I STILL have to decide on buttons... I need a total of 32 and so far, nothing has grabbed me. The buttons I wanted before are no longer available so the search is on again..

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #481 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
I've got everything I need except the buttons and if I'm going to have our uniforms done by the time GB2020 opens, I'm going to have to get busy. I wanted to have them in time for this year's Children's Museum Haunted House but things -- like water backing up into the basement during the deluge -- put everything back. I've moved the sewing machine up to the Old House and barring more "water torture" or other catastrophes, I should be able to make it. I'm going to start with Moonie's uniform since hers should need the fewest alterations.
« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2019 at 11:42pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #482 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 4:10am
Print Post  
I wish we could afford a third vehicle that we could convert to an Ectomobile. *sigh* Done properly, it would be a permanent conversion not suitable for a "daily driver".
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2019 at 4:11am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #483 - Dec 9th, 2019 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
The first GB: Afterlife trailer was released this morning and while most fans are reacting favorably, a few are grumbling. I expect more such as time goes on since it is obvious that the surviving originals are not going to be the center of the story. It appears that Gozer is going to be making a comeback and I have to wonder if -- since Zuul was mentioned at the end of GB:ATC -- if there will be a tie-in at the end of Afterlife with ATC. If that turns out to be the case, I expect the "fertilizer" to hit the fan... And I'll laugh myself sick!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #484 - Aug 12th, 2021 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Ghostbusters: Afterlife is now scheduled for release on November 11th. Just in time for my birthday celebration!  Smiley

I haven't made any progress on making our costumes and gear between health -- four "bad" knees --, Skywise's work schedule and Covid lockdowns -- but this has me interested.
https://www.magnoliclothiers.com/paranormal-boilersuit-pre-order-other-garments-...

They aren't taking orders yet despite what the page says and I'd have to save up for them anyway ($860 for the four of us) plus (probably) shipping and tax but it would be worth it to me to have them professionally done. Then "I" could concentrate on getting the packs and other gear made. After all, Skywise and I won't be semi-crippled forever and he'll be retiring at some point and it looks like GB fandom is getting ready to take off with the new movie.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #485 - Aug 20th, 2021 at 2:35am
Print Post  
Some twatwaffle on FB just stated -- in reference to Afterlife -- that the childhood of 80's kids was "saved". Yet another dig at Answer the Call.
I made what will probably be considered a snarky remark. Basically that his "childhood" was never in danger unless he allowed it to be.
I expect to catch hell which, considering the state of the country and the world, doesn't even register on my radar.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #486 - Sep 1st, 2021 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
No hell was caught. The trolls must have missed my remark.
However, Afterlife has now been pushed back a week to November 19th which disrupts Skywise's plans for my birthday.
He will not be happy.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #487 - Oct 18th, 2021 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
A new poster and a third trailer for Afterlife was released today.
It looks like the Nov. 19th release date is holding.  Smiley
It had better or Sony will have an armed -- with proton packs -- rebellion on their hands!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #488 - Oct 28th, 2021 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
I have surrendered. Smiley
I simply do NOT have the time to make our 2016 uniforms despite having almost all of the stuff I need to do them.  Sewing 2 Sewing
Fortunately, there is a professional tailoring company that is making "custom" -- and by that I mean with copious personal measurements so they actually FIT -- 2016 uniforms. I talked to Skywise about it and the price -- which some might consider steep -- is reasonable for the materials and the amount of work each one will take so as soon as we have the cash together, I'll order them. I'll probably order them separately so there's no confusion of any sort. THEN maybe I can find the time to build the proton packs.
Last night I learned that the GB group that operates out of Indy was featured in a three+ minute piece during the evening news on one of Indy's news stations. I'll admit to being envious.
I would love to be able to have fun....  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #489 - Oct 29th, 2021 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
I know what I want to "have" and "do" relative to Ghostbusters. Smiley  Smiley
Now to figure out the "how"....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #490 - Nov 5th, 2021 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
I've been designing a new patch for our uniforms when we get them.
Skywise is starting to think -- generally -- about retirement since his knee replacement will put him out of action for a year, more or less due to rehab, and mine will do the same. I can take care of him while he's on "sick leave" after his surgery but he'll have to retire when I have mine. He will not rest easy if I'm laid up with no one here with me but the girls and there's an emergency.
All this means is that we will be able to plan things for the weekends without worrying that he'll have to work on a Saturday. So... I'm starting to think of things we can do for "fun" and making appearances and raising money for various causes has definite appeal.  Smiley
I have all sorts of ideas....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #491 - Nov 6th, 2021 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
I've been discussing my "Five to Ten Year Plan" for our GB group  Smiley with Skywise.
Yeah, I KNOW!  We'll be in our late 70s by then but if we take care of ourselves AND get our knees fixed, there's no reason why we can't be active. Besides. Sitting down and saying "Oh well, we're old. Time to wait to die." is NOT is either of our natures!
Getting our knees fixed will take roughly 2 years once the process starts since we can't both have surgery at the same time. Skywise will probably go first, finish or nearly finish his rehab and then it will be my turn.
There will be plenty to do while we'll getting our knees fixed: Uniforms. Equipment of all kinds. Recruitment.... And, if things go well, some events that don't involve being on our feet a lot.
So the plan has to be formulated and "planning" is one thing I'm very good at....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #492 - Nov 7th, 2021 at 1:15am
Print Post  
I guess the first thing to be done is to inventory everything we have, especially equipment that we can use with our official uniforms. Once we know what we have and can use, we'll know what we need to get.

One thing we need that I have NO idea how to get is a vehicle that we can make into an Ecto-mobile. Given our requirements, I'd like some sort of van -- plenty of room for crew and gear. I'd also like a van to outfit as a Mobile Containment Unit. The third vehicle I'd like is a small RV to be a mobile headquarters for those times -- in the future -- when we spend an entire day at an event. Spirit would need to get away from the crowd/noise/chaos when it started to get overwhelming. Granted, she "might" not be overwhelmed but with autism, there is no guarantee that she won't be. So she'd need somewhere safe to retreat to.
Oh well, that's for the future and who knows what will happen....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #493 - Nov 8th, 2021 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
If what he learned from the doctor/physical therapist is how things turn out -- more testing is scheduled -- Skywise may not need knee replacement for quite a while yet. His problem is defined as "moderate". Mine isn't. *sigh*  So that probably means that I won't have surgery until he retires which, unless something changes, won't be before 2023. The plus side is that I'll have plenty of time to get things set up. The downside is... well.. pain. Hoping that something can be done about that now that I "may" be able to see the doctor more often since Covid is turning out to be not nearly as serious as advertised. We'll see.
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2021 at 2:36am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #494 - Nov 11th, 2021 at 2:27am
Print Post  
Gonna pre-order my "2016" style uniform tomorrow. The price should be on my prepaid debit card by then. Moonie has enough saved for hers, Skywise and Spirit will have theirs soon. I'll get mine first to check the quality -- which I should have done with the first ones I got -- before I order the others. It will be a while before we can use them so there's time.  Smiley

I've also ordered ONE "No Ghost" patch from a new -- to me -- vendor. The last ones I ordered were unusable due to a defect that could NOT be hidden or fixed. If this one is up to my standards, I'll order more and NOT have a special patch made up. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #495 - Nov 13th, 2021 at 2:52am
Print Post  
Haven't ordered my uniform yet. I needed to decide which version of the uniform I want. I've decided on the "B" or "3 pocket" version.

The "No Ghost" patch I ordered "should" arrive tomorrow. If it is up to standard, I will immediately order more. I can only order 10 at a time and I have that much extra cash on my card. Then I'll order more in lots of 10 until I have what I think is enough.
Not sure yet how many that will be.  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #496 - Nov 13th, 2021 at 4:24am
Print Post  
Started on the inventory today.
Also listing what we still need to get.
Our motto will be "The BEST in 21st Century Ghost Elimination!"
Which means we'll need as much ATC derived equipment as we can get. So I've been searching etsy and ebay for "stuff". Most of what's out there is "Legacy" stuff but I should be able to find or design what we'll need.
« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2021 at 3:37am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #497 - Nov 13th, 2021 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Skywise and I have been rounding up all our Ghostbuster stuff -- no easy task around here! -- and I'm adding it to the inventory.

The patch arrived today and is up to standard to I ordered another 10. Those should be here on Tuesday. The vendor is in Kentucky so they should move fast once they're mailed.

I've put in the "pre-order" for my uniform. I'll need to send in my measurements when they email me which, since it's almost Sunday, I don't expect the email until Monday at the earliest although they may surprise me.
« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2021 at 6:46pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #498 - Nov 14th, 2021 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
After ordering more "No Ghost" patches through Amazon and my ATC uniform, I inventoried the various "position" patches I have and ordered more of various types to fill out my supply.
I also tracked down where I ordered our franchise patches from and I'll order more of them later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #499 - Nov 14th, 2021 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Nov 13th, 2021 at 11:34pm:
The vendor is in Kentucky so they should move fast once they're mailed.

I stand corrected. This batch is coming from Delaware.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25
Send TopicPrint