Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble...... (Read 13291 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble......
Reply #500 - Nov 15th, 2021 at 3:13am
Print Post  
I've discovered that some enterprising soul has played through the Ghostbusters video game, recorded it and cut it into a movie 3+ hours worth and posted it on YouTube. I've bookmarked it.
Don't have time to watch it tonight but someday...

Post #45,450
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2021 at 3:13am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #501 - Nov 15th, 2021 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
Two things of interest today.
The email requesting my measurements arrived today so getting measured has moved to the top of my "To Do" list.  Smiley

Second, in passing I found a mention from someone who had made the shin guards from EVA foam -- which means that I can make them from scratch since I can get the foam at Hobby Lobby and I already have a heat gun.
I have two books on Cosplay costuming that I'll have to dig out to see what they have on EVA foam. If needed, I have my eye on a book -- one of a series -- that will have the information.
But first.... measurements!

Post # 45,456
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2021 at 6:07am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #502 - Nov 16th, 2021 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Haven't found the books yet but I have found a pair of pants that fit well enough to use for the measurements I need to take for the uniform. The inseam needs to be a bit shorter but I can turn the legs up about a half to three quarters of an inch and the length will be perfect. Now I need to find a comfortable shirt -- that isn't a sweatshirt -- for the top measurements.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #503 - Nov 19th, 2021 at 4:20am
Print Post  
Got some of the measurements taken tonight.
Last night's accident has slowed me down somewhat. I'll need Skywise's help to get one of the measurements so it will probably be Saturday before I can send them to the vendor.

Asked Ghost Corps, in a public post, if they were going to start sending out franchise certificates again. The post has been removed with no explanation.  Cry I'm hoping that this means that they hadn't thought about it or haven't decided since they didn't say "yes" or "no" outright.

Wondering how or even if I can work Afterlife into the "official timeline" for SCI GB. It might need to be a different universe. That is probably how the comics will handle it if/when they publish more GB comics.

Being as patient as I can while waiting to see Afterlife. So far the people posting on my FB newsfeed are in raptures over it. There are at least two "credit" scenes. One "mid-credit" and one "post credit". Someone may die -- presumably heroically since people -- grown men -- have mentioned crying. I will be prepared with Puffs in my vest pocket.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #504 - Nov 21st, 2021 at 1:53am
Print Post  
I think my hunt for the perfect "No Ghost" patch is over. GBFans has a patch in their store that seems to be the size I want -- namely big enough to see at a distance AND they appear to have a steady supply. They are expensive but if I buy "in bulk" I can get a discount so as soon as I get more money on my prepaid debit card, I'll put an order in. I'm hoping to get all I want/need before the price goes up.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #505 - Nov 22nd, 2021 at 12:19am
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Nov 19th, 2021 at 4:20am:
Wondering how or even if I can work Afterlife into the "official timeline" for SCI GB. It might need to be a different universe. That is probably how the comics will handle it if/when they publish more GB comics.

Being as patient as I can while waiting to see Afterlife. So far the people posting on my FB newsfeed are in raptures over it. There are at least two "credit" scenes. One "mid-credit" and one "post credit". Someone may die -- presumably heroically since people -- grown men -- have mentioned crying. I will be prepared with Puffs in my vest pocket.

Having seen Afterlife, I "might" be able to work in some of the characters and the "main event". I'll need to think about it.
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2021 at 12:20am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #506 - Nov 22nd, 2021 at 3:48am
Print Post  
There was an illustration on Facebook -- I'll attach it if I can -- that included the ATC team and, of course, several jerks had to put in their trashy two cents about ATC.
I used the "angry" emoji on them. Didn't feel like getting into it with them tonight or ever.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #507 - Nov 23rd, 2021 at 12:40am
Print Post  
I  thought -- for about two minutes -- that I'd found another Ghostbusters group to join. But.... I hadn't scrolled through a dozen posts before I hit an abusive, anti-ATC post that was going unchallenged. I get that ATC wasn't a lot of people's cup of tea but keeping up the hate/venom after five years borders on obsessive and I really DON'T want to deal with that. So... I passed. I'll probably go back later and see if anyone called the poster on it but I doubt it. Liking ATC is a minority opinion.  Cry

ETA: Plenty of abuse of ATC to be found without looking very hard so my initial reaction was accurate.
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2021 at 12:48am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #508 - Nov 23rd, 2021 at 7:32am
Print Post  
I ordered a single patch from GBFans since I don't have enough on my pre-paid debit to buy more -- I want to check them out -- and discovered after the order had gone through that it won't be shipped until FEBRUARY Smiley
THAT being the case, I'll save up until I can order the minimum number I want to get and order them all at once after I get the one I ordered. If it's going to take that long to get them I'll do it all at once and save time and hopefully postage. Maybe skip a price increase too.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #509 - Nov 23rd, 2021 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
Well, I was just wandering through Facebook and, believe it or not, there are mutterings of dissatisfaction with Afterlife because.... wait for it.... Slimer and the surviving Ghostbusters either weren't in it at all -- in the case of Slimer -- or weren't the focus of the movie -- in the case of Ray, Peter and Winston.
Seriously!  Smiley Smiley
We got to see where the others ended up in their lives and the last scenes gave them closure with their departed partner, Egon. Personally, that's what I was hoping for but some people wouldn't be satisfied with anything other than three "old" men running around in flight suits, hauling proton packs and saving the world like they were thirty years old. In short, rehashed and warmed over Ghostbusters -- which is pretty much what GB II was.

And of course, a small minority are STILL bitching about ATC...  Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2021 at 7:14am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #510 - Nov 24th, 2021 at 4:51am
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Nov 23rd, 2021 at 7:32am:
I ordered a single patch from GBFans since I don't have enough on my pre-paid debit to buy more -- I want to check them out -- and discovered after the order had gone through that it won't be shipped until FEBRUARY Smiley
THAT being the case, I'll save up until I can order the minimum number I want to get and order them all at once after I get the one I ordered. If it's going to take that long to get them I'll do it all at once and save time and hopefully postage. Maybe skip a price increase too.

I just got an email from GBFans. The shipping date for my order has been moved up to January. I suspect that they'd like me to order the number on my "Wish List" but I don't have the money right now so I'll go back to my original plan and do two orders. Hopefully, the price won't go up before I can get the second order in.

Post #45,500
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2021 at 5:07am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #511 - Nov 24th, 2021 at 5:20am
Print Post  
Just emailed my measurements to Magiloni Clothier for my ATC Uniform. Hopefully, it won't take too long to get. Once I've checked it out, I'll order Moonie's and once she's saved enough, I'll order Spirit's. I'll probably be ordering Skywise's last. Having him here long enough to be measured probably won't be possible until after the Christmas Rush is over....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #512 - Nov 24th, 2021 at 6:40am
Print Post  
Since the timeline I established for SCI GB is based mostly on the one for the IDW comics, I was able to fit the finale of Afterlife into it. Or at least, the effects of it on universes other than the one were it occurred. Adjustments may have to be made later but for now, it's good.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #513 - Nov 25th, 2021 at 2:27am
Print Post  
After having done some research, I've decided that when it's time to get a vehicle to convert to an Ecto, we'll get a Type II ambulance, probably some species of Ford. Because of the interior configuration, an ambulance wouldn't need a whole lot of work inside to accommodate a GB crew and their gear. All it would need is an appropriate paint job and the equipment on the roof. A bonus if it came with lights and siren installed.
There is definitely an advantage to NOT worrying about being "screen accurate".

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #514 - Nov 25th, 2021 at 5:34am
Print Post  
Smiley Magnoli Clothiers is taking issue with some of my measurements so I have to take those over. More > Smiley Skywise will have to help me since the torso measurement isn't one I can do by myself and I'll probably have to borrow one of his shirts...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #515 - Nov 29th, 2021 at 5:04am
Print Post  
Sent the clothiers more measurements tonight. PLUS I included my gender. That might not make a difference but it couldn't hurt since the email is in Skywise's name.

I spent a couple of hours going through Ghost Corps entire Facebook group page until I found where they mentioned sending out the certification packages for the franchises and asked, politely, if, since Afterlife was a certifiable hit, they would be sending out certifications again since not everyone who applied last time got one. It was a very old post on the page so I'm hoping that they see it and feel bad about it and DO SOMETHING! I don't care if I get Ivan Reitman's personal signature as long as I have that certification!
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2021 at 5:04am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #516 - Nov 30th, 2021 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
No more emails from the clothiers so they must be happy with my measurements.
I ordered the "No Ghost" patches from GBFans this afternoon. The amount of postage was appalling and the current mailing date is MARCH.
Why do I think the patches are on a ship stuck off the Port of Los Angeles?

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #517 - Dec 1st, 2021 at 2:20am
Print Post  
I got an email from the clothiers this evening. I should have my suit in 2 to 3 months -- late January to late February, maybe into early March. Which is about when -- more or less -- the GBFans patches will come in. Once I check out my uniform, I order uniforms for Skwise and the girls. I'll take their measurements LONG before then!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #518 - Dec 3rd, 2021 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Nov 30th, 2021 at 7:02pm:
I ordered the "No Ghost" patches from GBFans this afternoon. The amount of postage was appalling and the current mailing date is MARCH.
Why do I think the patches are on a ship stuck off the Port of Los Angeles?

The shipping date for the patches is now January 20, 2022. The "singleton" I ordered is already in the USPS pipeline. I'm hoping they'll move the shipping date up again. I hate waiting "forever" for things to ship....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #519 - Dec 5th, 2021 at 2:54am
Print Post  
I have figured out how to customize a Husky measuring tape holder to hold a PKE meter. I still need to tidy up the cuts I've made but fabric glue should take care of that.
I've just ordered a "name" tape to cover the Husky logo. ("S.C.I. Ghostbusters" on two lines.) I'll get three more holders the next time I'm in Home Depot and more name tapes -- at least three -- when I have the money. The Spirit Halloween PKE and the Hasbro toy one will both fit so it doesn't matter which one you use. I'm hoping that a "real" looking version of the Afterlife PKE will appear, maybe around next Halloween...  Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2021 at 4:02am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #520 - Dec 5th, 2021 at 4:02am
Print Post  
Skywise dismantled a Spirit Halloween PKE meter and got the built in belt clip off. Now we just need some "hole filler" to fill up the hole in the back so dust won't get in.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #521 - Dec 7th, 2021 at 2:11am
Print Post  
The singleton "No Ghost" patch I ordered is now in Chicago. WHY it ended up there instead of Indianapolis is anyone's guess. At least it is ALMOST in Indiana rather than spending over 24 hours in Nevada. Hopefully, the Chicago Regional Center is more efficient than the one in Las Vegas! The rest of them that I ordered separately are still scheduled to be mailed in January. STILL hoping that gets pushed up.
Another package of patches -- the Co-Founder ones -- showed up today. All I'm waiting on now is the patch I ordered for the PKE meter holder. When I get it, I'll see if it works like I want it to and if so, I'll order a few more for the family's meters.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #522 - Dec 8th, 2021 at 2:32am
Print Post  
The "No Ghost" patch is now "in transit, running late". *sigh* Hasn't been scanned out of Chicago or in at Indianapolis yet. Ship date on the rest of them is still January 20th.

I was checking the interior dimensions of Ford E Series vans earlier and an extended model should be long enough but I'm also going to check out the "regular" size. I'm thinking two front seats (standard) and a second bench seat with a set up for the packs and equipment in the back. Of course, actually getting one and customizing it is a whole 'nother thing....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #523 - Dec 8th, 2021 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
The patch finally made it to Indianapolis.
Took 2 days but it's in Indianapolis.
They're now saying I'll get it tomorrow.
Skywise is working tonight so it may actually happen.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #524 - Dec 10th, 2021 at 3:31am
Print Post  
The GBFan Ghostbusters patch arrived today and is somewhat of a disappointment as it is smaller than I'd thought. I can't cancel the larger order I made so I'll have to decide what to do with them. Maybe use them as raffle prizes some time in the future.

The patch for the PKE Meter holder is perfect and fabric glued into place. Since we have more than one meter I'll be getting more holders and patches later.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25
Send TopicPrint