Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Penthesilea's Castle...posts 2100 to 2299 (Read 16317 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Penthesilea's Castle...posts 2100 to 2299
Reply #100 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:20pm

#2201 [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Lord Stephan and his guard left the ballroom and went to the top of the southeast tower to observe the battle. He had no intention of helping unless he saw some obvious benefit to be gained. He would use the opportunity to observe the Keyholder’s brother in battle to judge how best to eliminate him when the time came...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #101 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:20pm

#2202   [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

With Penthesilea’s sound shielding spell in place, the people of the Castle begin to relax a bit and visit the buffet tables. Penthesilea is aware of it when the beast tries to retreat through the Castle but the shields hold and then smiling for the benefit of those watching her, she mutters another reenforcing spell under her breath.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #102 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:21pm

#2203    Penthesilea

The party continues as the battle rages outside. A particularly loud roar of pain from the embattled lizard causes tiny bits of plaster to fall from the ceiling. The Keyholder looks up muttering and decides to start repairs in the morning -- after the battle is over! She makes her way to the bar and the gremlin behind it.

The Keyholder: Root beer. Untampered with! *Sullenly, the gremlin hands over an unopened can. Aphrodite glides up to the Keyholder.* Thanks for keeping the crowd calm. *Another explosion. Another roar.* Mr. Prissypants must be getting desperate to send something so obvious.

Aphrodite: It might not be him.

The Keyholder lowers her soda can slowly.

The Keyholder: Do you know something I don't and should?

Aphrodite: You have a goddess mad at you. The word among the pantheons is that she isn't happy with the success you've had here. The friends you've made. The more than friend you might yet make.....

The Keyholder: All this because I dumped an idiot who wouldn't take "no" for an answer into a hog wallow.

Aphrodite: Naked. *Tries to smother a giggle.* In front of his whole tribe.

The Keyholder: On his Mother's Feast Day after She had promised him me.

They can't help it. Laughing starts as another explosion makes the plaster fall.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #103 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:21pm

#2204     [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Jasmine joins her father on the tower roof.
     “This was no random reality breach. Someone sent that thing here. I can sense the residue of the summoning spell,” he tells her. “We would seem to have competition but what they are after, the Keyholder or her death, I cannot say.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #104 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:22pm

#2205     Penthesilea

There is a thunderous crash, a final defiant roar and finally, it is silent. A gremlin enters the Ballroom, comes up to the Keyholder and speaks in heavily accented Human. “Dead. What do with?”

MoonCat: DIBS!

SpiritFire: ME TOO! I can use it in my Aberrant Biology Class!

Penthesilea: *waves her hand toward the doors.* Go. While it's still fresh.

MoonCat: I'll get the sample case!

SpiritFire: I'll get the forklift!  *They rush off.*

Penthesilea: *Yelling.* Change your clothes!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #105 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:22pm

#2206  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Sir Kevin and a group of the Castle’s knights come into the Castle and head for the Dining Hall. They are tired and filthy but starved and they know that Keyholder won’t mind them eating before they collapse. Coral spots Sir Kevin as he wolfs down a thick sandwich and washes it down with ale. Her orders are to cultivate his acquaintance and seduce him so that when the time comes, he will throw his allegiance in with Lord Stephan.  She strikes up a conversation and they agree to met at the hot springs once Sir Kevin is off duty. Together, they head for the Dining Hall’s exit.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #106 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:23pm

#2207  Penthesilea

The Keyholder sees Coral and Sir Kevin, who looks like he's been through a war. She stops them. “Sir Kevin, you're relieved.” Points to the door. “Go soak or sleep or .... whatever you were thinking of doing. You're not any good to me in this condition.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #107 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:23pm

#2208    Penthesilea

*Lord Duncan joins his daughter and Aphrodite.*

Penthesilea: You two keep an eye on things. I'm going to see if I can pinpoint the location of that reality breach. Don't worry. I won't leave my workroom.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #108 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:24pm

#2209    Penthesilea

The Keyholder's Magickal Workroom

The Keyholder's scrying mirror is active showing the path that the giant lizard had taken. The Keyholder frowns and blanks the mirror...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #109 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:25pm

#2210     [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

In the confusion and with Penthesilea’s assistance, Sir Alexander has managed to spirit Miranda away from the party. They will relax in the hot tub in his quarters -- where no one will think to look for her -- and she will tend the wounds he received while fighting the giant lizard.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #110 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:25pm

#2211   Penthesilea

The Ballroom

The Party's still going strong, even though the Guest of Honor has slipped off, leaving a very unhappy Lord Stephan behind! The Keyholder makes her way through the crowd to where her father stands. The smile on his face fades when he sees the look on hers...*

Lord Duncan: What is it?

Penthesilea: That monster tonight. It came through the badlands.

Lord Duncan: The southeast?

Penthesilea: Yes. It was materialized about a mile from the Lord Marshall's main camp. It went through it like a hot knife through butter. There are a lot of dead. I can't tell if the Lord Marshall survived. There is nothing between us and that rabble now but open plains. If they manage to organize, they'll sweep over us like the tide, wipe Crowhaven off of the map and take control of the trade routes. Then, they'll head for the sea.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #111 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:26pm

#2212  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Unnoticed in the mass of refugees, a stranger wandered through the public areas of the Castle. She appeared plain and nondescript. Her name was Satira and she was, as far as anyone knew, a devotee of the God Mar-Nek like so many others from her part of the world. What she was careful to conceal was that she was an agent/slave to the God bound in eternal servitude to Him for as long as he had a use for her.  Doing those periods when she was not needed, she fell into a deathlike sleep that preserved her youth and beauty. She had been prowling the Castle and the surrounding area for some days on her God’s orders. He had plans for the Keyholder and her Castle and Satira was central to those plans. So with the help of another of her God’s agents, her appearance had been altered so that she could roam unremarked.  She felt that she had learned all she could as an anonymous wanderer and planned to shed her disguise as soon as she could slip away from the Castle and return to introduce herself...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #112 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:26pm

#2213  Penthesilea

The next day..

The Keyholder stands on top of her Tower watching a work force of gremlins remove the enormous lizard carcass. Since their air sleds are too light for the job, the gremlins are using the heavy transport sleds from the Castle's fleet.  “Thank the Gods they're not butchering it here. We'd never get the stink out of the place!"
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:28pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #113 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:28pm

#2214  Penthesilea

The Keyholder smiles.. She feels a bump against her leg. The largest of the Castle's cats, the War Queen, is at her feet. The Keyholder picks her up.*

Penthesilea: Good morning, Beloved. Was the hunting good?
The War Queen purrs in response, kneads Penth’s shoulder with her claws and shoves her head into the Keyholder's jaw, purring loudly.  “Yes, I know that there is a divinely touched stranger in the Castle. I shall hunt her up presently. She isn’t ready to be found just yet but I’m not inclined to let her roam my home unannounced any longer.” The Keyholder then obeys the War Queen’s command by scratching her ears as they watch the removal of the previous night's battle debris.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #114 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:29pm

#2215    Penthesilea

The Keyholder's Study

*The Keyholder and Lord Duncan face off over her desk.*

Lord Duncan: I'm not leaving you!

The Keyholder: Then I'll go with you!

Lord Duncan: You're not leaving this Castle!

The Keyholder: If you won't go, I'll have to! I need to know what's happening out there! You and I are the only ones who can get in and get out without being detected -- I hope! You have a better chance of doing that than I do but if you won't go, I'll take my chances!

Lord Duncan: You argue like my sister!

The Keyholder: Who do you think I learned it from?

Lord Duncan runs his hand through his hair. Penthesilea was the most exasperating of his children.

Lord Duncan: You promise you won't leave the Castle.

The Keyholder: Unless there is an emergency that requires my presence, I won't budge. You can have Jasmine and Coral sit on me if you like.

Lord Duncan: I'd rather the Lord Marshall were sitting on you! Or your brother! You'd listen to them and just maybe, allow them to protect you!

The Keyholder: I was protecting myself for decades before either of them were born!

Lord Duncan: Don't change the subject. Swear, daughter, that you will not leave the Castle proper and I will do your bidding. Otherwise, I will sit on you and you will not get the information you need!

The Keyholder: I swear, in the Name of Ares, God of War, that I will not leave the Castle proper until you return. (pause) Satisfied?

Lord Duncan: I shall have to be. I will return as soon as I can. *Lord Duncan disappears in a shower of sparks.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #115 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:30pm

#2216  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]      

In a palace....somewhere....

The watcher blanked the scrying pool in disgust. The giant marine iguana had been taken from a planet that had been over run by it’s kind. It should have been able to force Penthesilea and her daughters to flee from the safety of the Castle where they could be more easily obtained. It was beginning to look like more pro-active measures would be needed to obtain the beautiful Keyholder and her daughters.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #116 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:30pm

#2217  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Satira stood watching the activity outside the Castle wall from a position on the wall itself. She had been studying the layout and construction of the Castle and was both puzzled and impressed. The layout was more like an enormous manor house than a frontier fortress and she had discovered that despite its appearance, the wall on which she stood was a single piece of limestone. And as near as she could tell, that was also true of the exterior walls of every building inside the wall. What she had been able to see of the interior of the Main Hall convinced her that it was the most technologically advanced building in that part of the world, if not in the entire
world. There were things that she had heard hinted at by the servants that were unheard of elsewhere. And the magick! It was no wonder that her master had sent her here. Whoever controlled the Keyholder and her Castle would have an insurmountable advantage both in technology and magick.
     Satira felt something against her leg. It was a small black tomcat who looked up at her with enormous eyes. She smiled and picked him up. He responded by purring loudly as she began to scratch his ears even as he communicated with the Keyholder, telling her that the prey had been found.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #117 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:31pm

#2218  Penthesilea

The Keyholder steps out onto the top of the Castle’s outer wall. At her feet, the majestic War Queen paces -- a twelve pound black lioness. They see the figure standing by the wall looking toward the southeast. She is holding the Black Prince. Penthesilea smiles. The little guy is such a flirt.

Penthesilea: Greetings! How should I call you, Servant of Mar-Nek?

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #118 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:32pm

#2219  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Daemon materializes unseen in a shadow and watches the two women. He does not know what the strange woman is up too but he has promised himself to keep an eye on his sister while he can.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #119 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:32pm

#2220     Penthesilea

The Lord Marshall's Camp

Lord Duncan appears in a shower of sparks. What had been a well ordered military camp is a disaster area. Broken, half eaten bodies litter the landscape. Sick at heart, Lord Duncan begins his search...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #120 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:33pm

#2221  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penthesilea
*The Keyholder steps out onto the top of her Tower. At her feet, the majestic War Queen paces -- a twelve pound black lioness. They see the figure standing by the wall looking toward the southeast. She is holding the Black Prince. Penthesilea smiles. The little guy is such a flirt!*

Penthesilea: Greetings! How should I call you, Servant of Mar-Nek?

Satira jumps at the sound of Penthesilea’s voice and is disturbed by the mode of address she used.  Whatever hopes that she had had of keeping her association with Mar-Nek secret were gone. She could tell by the look on Penthesilea's face that no amount of denial would convince her that she was mistaken. The cat in her arms begins to squirm and she lets him jump from her arms. He walks up to the huge cat at the Keyholder’s feet and they touch noses. Then he walks into a shadow and vanishes. He has other duties to see to today. 

Satira:  I am called Satira, Lady Keyholder. 

Penthesilea:  And what brings you to my Castle, Satira? And why did you feel it necessary to go about in disguise?

Inwardly, Satira broke a sweat. The Keyholder had her at a disadvantage and she knew that if she failed to convince the other woman of her desire to be of service, she would be banished from the Castle and since her first disguise had failed to conceal her identity, she doubted that she would be able to sneak back in no matter how good the disguise.  She saw Penthesilea watching her with an expression of patient interest on her face as she waited for Satira’s reply.  She decided on truth or at least part of it prayed that it would be enough.

Satira:  My true form attracts notice, especially from men, so I disguise myself when I want to go unnoticed. I’ve heard a lot of rumors about you and this Castle and I wanted to see if they were true.

Penthesilea: And?

Satira: I found much to admire here and in you.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #121 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:34pm

#2222  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Daemon listened to Satira’s response and smiled. Her flattery wouldn’t work on his sister but if he knew Penth she was likely to let her think that it did. It never hurt to have your opponents underestimate you.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #122 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:35pm

#2223  Penthesilea

Penthesilea smiles.  ‘I understand. I  have found it necessary to change my appearance from time to time as well. I would prefer, however, that you go about in your own form from now on. Some of my people are sensitive to such disguise energies and might take it amiss if they were to detect them around you.”  Penthesilea raises her hand and before Satira can protest, her disguise is gone and her true form in revealed.  “If you wish quarters in the Castle, pick something out and if no one else has reserved it with Housekeeping, it’s yours.  I’ll inform them that you might be staying with us.  Until later then,”  The Keyholder leaves the wall. Satira looks down at herself and reflects on the level of power that Penthesilea has just demonstrated. It would have taken the man who cast the disguise spell the better part of an hour to take it off and the Keyholder had done it with a wave of her hand.....

Visualization Aid: Pamela Anderson as Satira

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #123 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:36pm

#2224  Penthesilea

The Keyholder walks toward Daemon's hiding place.  “Good morning, Daemon. Get your good looking posterior out of that shadow and hug your sister.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #124 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:36pm

#2225  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Daemon smiles and does as he is told.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Send TopicPrint