Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Penthesilea's Castle...posts 2100 to 2299 (Read 16326 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Penthesilea's Castle...posts 2100 to 2299
Reply #125 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:41pm

#2226     Penthesilea

*giggles and hugs back.*
     “I'm glad you've decided to stick around. Should I have housekeeping fix up an apartment for you or are you going to stay in that drafty cave with the gremlins and the bats?”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #126 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:41pm

#2227  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

“An apartment would be very welcome” Daemon replied.  “I’ve spent too much time lately sleeping on the ground and bathing in cold streams. The gremlins are checking to see if it is possible for them to construct a connecting tunnel from the cave complex to the Castle. You should have seen them when we found it.  I’ve never seen that many happy gremlins in my life.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #127 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:42pm

#2228   Penthesilea

“I'll get my gremlins working on it from this end. Or maybe we could just put in a teleporter platform. Those things are very handy when you have an army laying siege to the place.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #128 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:43pm

#2229  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

“Okay, sis. If nothing else we can use it to move heavy equipment in and out. Some of the things the boys grabbed from the Keep’s armory you probably won’t want the ‘neighbors’ to know that you have.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #129 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:43pm

#2230     Penthesilea

“I suspect that you are right about that. This neighborhood isn’t the most civilized one on the planet and I intend to keep my hand close to my vest until we’re secure enough to take anything anyone can dish out.” 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #130 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:44pm

#2231 [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

“How bad is it,” Daemon asked.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #131 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:44pm

#2232     Penthesilea

“It has the potential to get nasty. Most of the major players are on the coast and all they’ve heard are rumors or so the Darklord tells me. Once they’ve confirmed the rumors we will have to see what they will do. Of more immediate concern are the bandits in the southeast and whatever nasty things have escaped from the catacombs under the Castle. There is a real leader among the bandits and he seems to have at least a rudimentary grasp of tactics and organization.  The Lord Marshall has been chasing them all over that part of the territory but hasn’t been able to run them to ground yet.  At least since I’ve taken the Keyholder’s Seat the incidence of random reality breaches have gone down. ”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #132 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:45pm

#2233  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Daemon took all that in and decided that his sister didn’t need more on her plate. The hunt that had led him to Dunn’s Keep and had then gone cold had picked up again after the fall of that city and had led him, in turn, to his sister’s Castle.  If the Fates were kind, he would find his quarry before it could kill again. There was a web of eyes and ears stretched across the territory watching for sign and when it came, he would go on the hunt again. In the meantime, he would enjoy his sister’s hospitality and not worry about anything else.  He leaned forward and kissed her on the forehead. “I’ve been up all night what with one thing and another and I’m going to seek my bed. Don’t worry about the apartment now. I’ll bunk with the rest of my people in the temporary quarters.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #133 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:46pm

#2234    Penthesilea

“Night then.  Sleep well.” She watched him as he walked away and smiled. He had tried to hide it but whatever burden he had been carrying when they ran into each other at Dunn’s Keep was still there.  He hadn’t confided in her then. She hoped that he would soon. She didn’t know if she could help but she knew, all too well, that a burden shared became lighter.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #134 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:46pm

#2236  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]      

Having been stripped of her disguise, Satira has limited choices, she could leave the Castle or take quarters there. Since her God has given her a specific and vital mission to perform at the Castle, she comes down from the wall and heads for the Housekeeping Tower. She is directed to the Head Housekeeper’s office and finds that, yes, she is expected. In short order, she has the quarters of her choice assigned to her, furnishings beyond the basics are ordered and some needed alterations to the floor plan approved.  She then goes to fetch her belongings from her temporary lodging while Housekeeping readies her rooms.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #135 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:47pm

#2237   [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Coral and Sir Kevin, having spent the night getting to know each other more intimately, head for the training hall after breakfast where they find Jasmine and Sir Michael already at work on Jasmine’s training.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #136 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:47pm

#2238  Penthesilea

The Keyholder's Study

Penthesilea: Ashera, report.

Ashera: Satira has taken quarters in the Third Tower. She has requested some alterations to suit her requirements and I've instructed the Castle's structure to cooperate. I’ll be monitoring the situation.

Penthesilea: Thanks. I really don't feel like an earthquake today. Anything else?

Ashera: Sir Alexander spend most of the night and all of today in his quarters with Miranda.

Penthesilea: Lord Stephan won't like that. (laughs!)

Ashera: Too bad! Sir Michael spent the night in Jasmine's suite and Sir Kevin was in Coral's. They are in the Training Hall at the moment.

Penthesilea: Am I the only one that didn't get hit on last night? Not that I could have taken anyone up on it...

Ashera: Pretty much. Ninety-seven percent of the Castle's population was involved last night.

Penthesilea: You can tell when Aphrodite is in the house. I hope she wasn't doing double duty in her fertility goddess aspect last night or we're going to have a baby boom!

Ashera: I'll keep an eye on the reports from the Infirmary. (pause) Lord Duncan has not returned and there has been no word from the Lord Marshall.

Penthesilea: Thank you, Ashera. Please tell the Spy Master to report to me at once.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #137 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:48pm

#2239  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Satira was surprised at the ease with which the alterations she needed were made. She had expected them to be accomplished by workmen amid much noise and dust. Instead, things simply flowed into the configurations she needed. With every new revelation, her master’s interest in the Castle became more understandable.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #138 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:48pm

#2240   Penthesilea

The Keyholder's Study

After conferring with the Spy Master, the Keyholder changes clothes and heads for the Training Hall.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #139 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:49pm

#2241     [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Originally posted by Rewritten by Penthesilea

Kodiak ran as hard and as fast as he could, his mind filled with nothing but the need to escape and return to the Castle. The Castle and its Lady filled his mind as the world turned inside out and then went black.....

Bleeding and disoriented, Kodiak looks up to find himself standing before the Castle’s Main Door.  He has no idea how he got there but he is grateful to be home. Half blind from the blood in his eyes, he stumbles into the Castle, intent on making his way to the tower where his men are housed.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #140 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:50pm

#2242   Penthesilea

Penthesilea enters the Training Hall wearing snug black training leathers that leave little to the imagination and provoke severe envy in Jasmine and Coral. The fact that their lovers look on their Lady with admiration does not help matters.      She smiles and speaks to Michael and Kevin.  “I hope you gentlemen are up for a little ‘two on one’.”  They nod and the Keyholder takes her place in the center of a practice ring. “READY!”  Michael goes left. Kevin goes right in an attempt to flank Penthesilea...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #141 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:50pm

#2243  Penthesilea

The Keyholder stands, breathing only a little hard, with the two knights at her feet. “Thank you, gentlemen. I leave you to the care of the trainee DemonSlayers.” The Keyholder leaves the Training Hall, grinning.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #142 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:51pm

#2244  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Michael and Kevin take Jasmine and Coral in hand and put them through the combat drill that Penthesilea had just completed. While Coral fares better than Jasmine, they both fail to match Penthesilea’s skill.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #143 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:52pm

#2245  Darklord Kodiak

The Darklord bursts though the door, immediately drops to his knees. He is covered head to toe in blood. Bows staring at the floor still dripping.*Mumbling*  What have I done? * His first in command comes to meet him*

C: What is wrong sir?

DK: There are no survivors, our army is gone.

C:What happened?

DK: I cant believe I killed them.

C: Who?

DK: Our army was wiped out by a very powerful creature a vampire of sorts. This lead me to an underground city where I discovered a vampire community. Immediately I was noticed and attacked. The rest of the battle is a bit blurry. All I know is I have slain them.

C: So why so distraught?

DK: C I am a vampire. I have been for awhile. I care for all creatures of the night and now I have slain an entire community.

C: Your a WHAT?

DK: Yes no one knows. I dont feed on humans I feed on pure hemoglobin alone. I am not immortal for I am not a full fledged Vampire. Several years ago there was an attack on me leaving me only half affected. I have turned into a half-breed of sorts. I am a fully living human with a craving for blood here and there and now I have slain some of my vampire brothers. I dont know how I will be able to live with that.

C: Oh no this isnt good, Lord Stephan has been circulating some theories about you around the castle I am afraid for you if anyone finds out. *Goes into the details of what happened in his absence.*

DK: Well thats interesting. Wait until I talk to the keyholder, we may have to solve that problem for good. I am going to get cleaned up and ponder what I am going to do next.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #144 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:53pm

#2253   [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

“You have a message from the Castle seamstress to be given to you when you returned,” C smiled slightly. “The Keyholder has commissioned an entire new wardrobe for you. Apparently, she was tired of seeing you in rags after battle. The seamstress  will be expecting you at your earliest convenience.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #145 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:54pm

#2254   Darklord Kodiak

“I shall after I get cleaned up. I need some new threads these are pretty much destroyed.”

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #146 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:54pm

#2246  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Kodiak, with C’s assistance, made his way to his quarters. By the time he was back in familiar surroundings, Kodiak’s head had cleared considerably although his recall of the battle with vampires was still very hazy, a predictable result of the Darkness rising so strongly in him. His remorse remained as well.  He stood under a torrent of hot water and scrubbed the gore from his hair. Most of them had had no warrior skills and he had killed them easily. It went against his grain and the Honor Code of the Darklords to kill the unskilled. When faced with a lesser opponent, he usually contented himself with administering a thorough beating and if, in time, that opponent improved his skills to the point where he could make an even fight of it, then that was different. Kodiak sighed. There had been no choice. A bloodthirsty mob, whether it was normal humans or vampires, was nothing to trifle with. The Code recognized that and whatever force was necessary to win was allowed. Still, it didn’t do much to ease his guilt.
     Kodiak left the shower and toweled himself off in front of the full length mirror that dominated his dressing room. He regarded his image indifferently, noting several new scrapes, gouges and cuts acquired during the adventures of the last few hours. He thought about going to the infirmary and decided against it. Penthesilea would hear of it if he did and he wasn’t ready, just yet, to face her with the news that the entire army that he had raised was gone. He pulled out his medical kit and doctored himself. As he spread on the salves and healing balms on his injuries, he found himself wishing for Penthesilea’s gentle touch on his skin. He blushed and changed the direction of his thoughts.  He had decided on a course of action that he believed was the only honorable choice. His feelings for Penthesilea were deep but not appropriate. She was the daughter of a wealthy and powerful Lord and he was an orphan with no standing despite his renown as a Darklord.  All he could hope to aspire to was to be her friend and protector for as long as he lived.  She could never be his....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #147 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:55pm

#2247     [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Once his injuries were treated, Kodiak dressed and headed for the Teleporter Room for a quick trip to his Night Club.  There was something there that he needed to pick up. He had the feeling that he needed to move quickly before his nerve failed him. He also need to make a few arrangements. Once he had completed that errand he would see the seamstress.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #148 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:55pm

#503     [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

The Castle Teleporter crew put Kodiak in the center of his Night Club office without missing a beat. Kodiak immediately set to work. The paperwork was minimal and he found that, true to her word, Penthesilea had been keeping an eye on things. She had the makings of a decent club manager if she ever got tired of being Keyholder. Kodiak smiled to himself at the joke. He found the invoice from the Castle’s blood bank and discovered that a storage failure had resulted in the loss of Club’s entire blood supply .  Penthesilea had saved the day with a shipment from the Castle and like any good businesswoman, she had invoiced him. There was no cash amount listed on the invoice but Kodiak knew what the going price was for that much blood. He owed the Keyholder quite a bit. He put the invoice aside for the moment and summoned the head of the mage corps that he kept “on call”. When the man arrived, Kodiak gave him a complete report about what had happened in the badlands and his orders. The most powerful and experienced mages in his command were to go to the badlands with an equally powerful and experienced group of mercenaries to investigate and rescue any survivors of the army. Kodiak didn’t expect there to be many survivors, if any,  but he had an obligation to search for them. The man left to make arrangements and Kodiak made another call. The Castle still needed protection and it was time to start recruiting again.  The job was going to take more time than he had and, frankly, he really hated the mundane details of putting a crack force together which was what the Castle needed. Fortunately, he had exactly the right man for the job available and it was time to bring him into the Castle. His presence would likely throw everyone for a loop but that was good. It would help them force the enemy or enemies out into the open. What was even better in Kodiak’s opinion was the fact that he knew with absolute, rock bottom certainty that he could trust this man with his life and he planned to trust him with something even more precious -- Penthesilea’s life.
     Once that conversation was over, and it was lengthy due to the “catching up” that needed to be done, Kodiak headed out to the main room of the Club. What he needed to pick up was hidden behind the bar. Once he had that, and a stiff drink, he’d head back to the Castle and what awaited him there.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #149 - Mar 8th, 2008 at 11:56pm

#504  [Rewritten by Penthesilea]

Kodiak emerged from the back of the Club and was greeted by the not entirely unwelcome sight of Penthesilea standing near the bar.  By common consent, they did not discuss “Castle business” at the Club. It was a sanctuary from her responsibilities for Penthesilea and Kodiak, having seen how very seriously she took those responsibilities, would not deprive her of whatever respite his club could give her.  So he would not mention the disaster in the badlands until they were both back at the Castle.  So he put a cocky grin on his face -- which wasn’t hard. Seeing Penthesilea usually [/b]did[/b] make him smile --- and headed for the bar. The bartender spotted him first and Penth, seeing the direction of the man’s gaze shift, turned to see Kodiak approaching. She smiled and, for Kodiak, the room lit up.....
     “Rather early for you, isn’t it, my Lady? Are you becoming a ‘regular’ now?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Send TopicPrint