Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble...... (Read 13217 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble......
Reply #425 - Oct 22nd, 2018 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
I wasn't able to do anything "GB" this past week and this week -- at least the first part of it -- doesn't look any better. I'm sick. Moonie's sick. And Spirit has been walking around chanting "I am NOT sick!" while periodically coughing her lungs out. She's resting at the moment, thankfully.
I hope I can find something that I can do while being laid up that will move SOMETHING forward toward completion....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #426 - Oct 24th, 2018 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
The lights came today.
They were PINK rather than red.  Smiley
They're going back and I've ordered another string of "hopefully" red lights from someone else. I ordered two strings since I got a break on buying two sets. If this next set is really RED, I'll buy two more.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #427 - Oct 29th, 2018 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
The new lights should arrive tomorrow. I'll test them first thing. I DO hope that they're really, really RED so I can check "find lights for pack" off my list.

I bought a pair of soccer shin guards today that with some work "should" work as uniform shin guards.

I've been coloring sheet after sheet of two knotwork designs the most perfect of which will be put in the Catalog. I've finally gotten a black pen that doesn't bleed through the paper I used for the interior of the book so I can put a design on the "extra page I ended up with. So... all is good.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #428 - Oct 30th, 2018 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
I got the lights.
They are RED.
I've ordered more.
I've got a line on the electronics for the readouts, just need to get the money on my debt card.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #429 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
I should be ordering the electronics by the end of the week. *fingers crossed* Then I'll contract tommyb345 about maybe getting more parts from him. I can't find anywhere that he's selling them so I'll have to ask. If I'd known he was going to stop offering them for sale, I'd have bit the bullet and got all I needed at the time instead of just enough for two packs. *sigh*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #430 - Nov 2nd, 2018 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Ordered the electronics today. I'll still need a power source and a Arduino for each but I'm not going to get those until I know EXACTLY what I need.
I've also figured out how much I paid for the 2 heatsinks and 2 sets of display boxes that I already have. Now I need to track the guy down and find out if he's still willing to make them...

Post # 40,600
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2018 at 5:55pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #431 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
I have one worry off my mind. "Martin in England" is going to print the grills for me at $20 each. With shipping, the total should come to around $90 which is a hell of a lot better than what others were wanting for just one plus shipping. I'm going to work out a pattern for the cryogen boxes out of foam board then build them from styrene, I can get sheets of it big enough to make that practical. I'll probably have him print the "gun boxes" for me since I can NOT figure out how to scratch build them. I'm going to hunt up tommyb345 and find out about the upper and lower boxes. So maybe, just maybe, I'll have everything done by next fall. I'd at least like for us to do a "trunk or treat" in town next Halloween.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #432 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
I heard from Martin this afternoon. He's started printing my stuff and expects to ship it next week.  Smiley Once they arrive I can start working on the unit that it fits on.
PROGRESS!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #433 - Nov 10th, 2018 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Smiley Smiley Martin contacted me. The heatsinks are done!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #434 - Nov 12th, 2018 at 4:53am
Print Post  
I topped up my debit card so I can pay Martin. As soon as the deposit shows up, I'll contact him and then.... I wait for the heatsinks to arrive.
I'm still beating my head against the wall about the cryogen reservoir cover. The fact that the Sony prop shop guys were damned stingy with details does NOT help!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #435 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
After a certain amount of chaos, Martin has been paid, the heatsinks should be on their way on Thursday and I've ordered two large sheets of black PVC that I "should" be able to make the cryogen reservoir tops from. The rest of the unit will probably be made of ABS plastic.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #436 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 12:07am
Print Post  
Talked to Martin. My stuff is all packed up and ready to go! I don't know how long it will take for British Mail to get my package to the US but once the Postal Service get ahold of it, it will fly here.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #437 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
The heatsinks should be leaving the UK soon.

Skywise was done with the table at the Guest House and I was able to work on the Catalog. If I did everything right, I should be able to put the back cover in this weekend.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #438 - Nov 17th, 2018 at 6:59am
Print Post  
I believe I've solved one problem with the cryogen reservoir unit, specifically the handle on the lid. I have one handle that I got when I thought I was ordering an entire lid. It dawned on me tonight that I can use that handle to make a mold and then cast as many handles as I want using plastic resin. I've found what I'll need on Amazon so I guess I can stop looking for boxes that I can tear up to make the lids. The black PVC sheets I ordered a couple of days ago should be here next week. Now if I can just track down the guy that 3-D printed the upper and lower display boxes I have and see if he'll print 3 more sets for me -- for a suitable fee, of course!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #439 - Nov 19th, 2018 at 5:18am
Print Post  
The heatsinks are in the US. Specifically, they are in Customs in Chicago. I don't think U.S. Customs works as fast as the Postal Service so they haven't moved since Saturday but once the package gets in the hands of the USPS, the package will fly.

I found the handle and it shouldn't be too difficult to cast. The hard part will be drilling holes in it and then drilling holes in the lid for the screws and having everything line up. I really wish there was a comprehensive "how to built it" manual like there was for STAR TREK back in the day. I hate having to "write it myself".

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #440 - Nov 19th, 2018 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
The black PVC sheet stock I ordered last week has arrived.

The heat sinks are still in Customs at Chicago.

I will try a THIRD TIME to put the back inner cover in the Catalog.  Smiley But probably not until next week.......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #441 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
My package from the UK is through Customs and the Elk Grove Village distribution center and is now on a truck traveling down I-65 or soon will be.
Next stop: Indianapolis.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #442 - Nov 23rd, 2018 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
My package arrived today. The box looked like it had been drop kicked but the contents were unharmed and GORGEOUS! They were printed using a silver gray filament and I'm not going to paint them "just" to make them "screen accurate". I've already decided on some modifications that knock "screen accurate" into a cocked hat so what's a little more "inaccuracy"? 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #443 - Nov 25th, 2018 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
I pulled on the backpack that I'll be using as a pattern for the proton pack and it's gonna need alterations. The chest strap goes across at a point that's inconvenient/uncomfortable for a woman although a man wouldn't have a problem with it. Also the locations on the straps for radios and other gear are a little high and at least one will be moved down, maybe both. Some experimenting is in order.  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #444 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 5:30am
Print Post  
I did a little work on the Catalog today. Tomorrow, I'll start putting the knotwork on. Once that's done it will be "almost" finished.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #445 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
I didn't get to work on the Catalog yesterday but today I got all the knotwork for the front glued on. I have it under weight right now and I'll use plain white glue -- applied with a toothpick -- to fasten down any loose edges. That will just leave the back knotwork and the design on the front left to do.  Smiley Then I'll put it and all the bookbinding stuff away and start on the proton packs -- with lots of pictures documenting the process!
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2018 at 9:43pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #446 - Dec 2nd, 2018 at 1:36am
Print Post  
I did a little more work on the Catalog today. I also bought a 2 x 2 foot sheet of plywood for the tabletop book stand I'm going to make for it. I haven't decided on all the dimensions yet but I know it has to be 24 x 18 inches, minimum.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #447 - Dec 3rd, 2018 at 4:21am
Print Post  
I got a little more work done on the Catalog done today. I'm hoping to have all the interior work done by mid-week. I still haven't decided whether to spray a protective coat on the front design and if so, whether it should be matte or gloss. I guess I'll have to do some testing. Once the Catalog is done, I'll photograph it to show off and then put the bookbinding supplies away and get set up to work on the proton packs.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #448 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 3:50am
Print Post  
I got the last piece of knotwork glued in this evening. That leaves the design on the frontpiece, the French Groove hinge and the design on the front. I'm not sure that the French groove will "take". I'll just have to try it and see. While I'm waiting to see if it takes, I'll do the testing to decide what finish I should use on the design before I glue it on.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #449 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 12:02am
Print Post  
I'm making "some" progress on putting French Grooves on the Catalog. I'll let it set for a few more days and see how it looks. Since I'm curled up nearly asleep at the bottom of my "fatigue wall" thanks to Skywise's 12 - 14 hour shifts -- yes, I stay up until he gets home -- I don't have much energy for anything that isn't directly and immediately involved in keeping the household running and I'd rather wait until I'm rested and my brain is working -- more or less -- before I tackle the last remaining steps on the Catalog.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25
Send TopicPrint