Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble...... (Read 13267 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Ghostbusters 2016 and..... More trouble......
Reply #450 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 2:22am
Print Post  
I've given up on the French Grooves.
All that's left is the design for the first page and the design on the front which I'll probably get to after Christmas since I'm not sure what the coming week will bring. I KNOW I have two huge pies to bake on Thursday for the Friday Christmas party at the Post Office.
Once the Catalog is done, I'll make the display stand for it. That will take a while since I want to be able to store it more or less flat and that will take some thought but I can do enough so I can use it for photographs. I also want to make a huge wooden storage box for it that looks appropriately impressive but before I get to that, I gotta make proton packs!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #451 - Dec 22nd, 2018 at 12:52am
Print Post  
Now that the holiday insanity is almost over, I can finally get the Catalog finished. Then I get to start on building bookcases down here and proton packs at the Old House.  Smiley
And yes, my left eyelid twitches at the thought......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #452 - Dec 23rd, 2018 at 3:08am
Print Post  
I have samples of painted leather ready to test the sealant on -- gloss or matte. Neither spray can says anything about using it on leather so.... testing!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #453 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 4:30am
Print Post  
Well, I put the "gloss" sealer on yesterday and checked it today and it looks great. Since the leather was curled a bit -- as leather will do given half a chance -- I put it face down on some clean cardboard, put a ½ inch thick piece of "hobby" plywood on top then put my small (7 pound) anvil on it. Yes, I have an anvil. I also have a couple of vices (NOT THAT KIND!!), several miter boxes and an assortment of clamps including two that can hold two pieces of wood at a 90 decree angle. Yes, I'm going to have a lot of fun with those!  Smiley I'll move to the next step -- gluing the design on the front either tomorrow or Tuesday.
The end is within reach!!  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #454 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
I just glued the leather piece onto the front of the Catalog. It is being held down by the anvil and two really large and heavy lead weights. Now all that is left is putting the design on the "extra" inside page and it will be done.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2019 at 1:19am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #455 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 12:56am
Print Post  
I checked the design on the front of the Catalog this evening... PERFECT!!  Smiley So all that is left is the last interior design which will be a dragon "rampant" as they say.

It's been a long project, longer than I thought it would be but having my "health issues" just as I was getting started distracted me considerably. Now that it's finished, I can get busy on other projects: bookcases, a display/reading stand for the Catalog and creating a pantry "annex" in the basement since pantry storage in my dinky kitchen is TOTALLY inadequate for someone who can't run down to the store every day or whenever I run out of something while cooking. AND let's not forget the four ATC proton packs I need to make. AND new uniforms that fit. AND whatever other cool stuff I can think of....Smiley
NOT gonna have time to be bored for the foreseeable future!
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2019 at 1:00am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #456 - Jan 13th, 2019 at 2:21am
Print Post  
What I'd planned for the interior design isn't going to work, unfortunately. So I'm either going to come up with something else or carefully remove the extra page.
To quote Pooh: "Oh bother!"

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #457 - Jan 13th, 2019 at 3:46am
Print Post  
I found an image that, after some resizing and doctoring, should work.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #458 - Jan 16th, 2019 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Well.
I'm not going to change the title of this thread (much) or start a new one but last night it was announced that a new Ghostbusters movie is scheduled for release some time in 2020. Not much has been officially announced but Variety, Entertainment Weekly and Sony have all said it's a "go" so that's good enough for me.

What is definite:
The director is Jason Reitman, son of Ivan who directed GB 1 and 2, and he's also one of two writers on the film.
The story is set in what is now being called the "Original Universe" and in the present day. ATC is acknowledged to be in a separate reality as in the comics.
There is a teaser trailer out there that I haven't watched yet. I'll have to check the after 2 am megabytes.

What has not been "officially" confirmed.
"Word" is that the group will be "mixed gender", so far 2 males and 2 females although that could change or be misdirection. "Different word" is that the production is looking to cast 4 "teenagers" but no hint as to what parts they'd play.

And....... as to be expected, the whiny fanboys are already bitching because there will be "girl ghostbusters". Smiley Some of the members of the Ghost Girls facebook fan group are already nervous about it. I'm not. Any self-important fanboy gets in my face about my ATC uniform will think he's backed into a buzz saw. My main concern right now is how to incorporate the new movie into my franchise's official timeline since we intend for it to include all the movies and IDW comics. Oh my aching head.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #459 - Jan 18th, 2019 at 12:56am
Print Post  
One of the guy's on my FB friends list has some entertainment industry connections and he's hearing a lot of interesting things about GB 2020. I won't repeat them here -- they're unconfirmed rumors, after all -- but there are a couple of things he mentioned that, if true, will make the "Haters" heads explode while they simultaneously poop their shorts.
I can't wait.  Smiley
I'd better get busy. I have a lot to do on costumes and packs before the movie comes out.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Ghostbusters 2016 and beyond... More trouble!
Reply #460 - Jan 18th, 2019 at 2:11am
Print Post  
Wondering what cool stuff "Spirit Halloween" will have this season....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #461 - Jan 18th, 2019 at 5:29am
Print Post  
Smiley  Smiley Found the guy that makes the parts I need and the order has been put in. He'll start printing when he gets back from vacation on the 27th and since he has two printers, things should go quickly. Now to get into town and fill my debit card!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #462 - Jan 20th, 2019 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
And the GB 2020 fussing continues. As if the snow glare coming through the curtains wasn't enough to give me a headache....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #463 - Jan 20th, 2019 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
Not only are the GB sites in an uproar over Leslie Jones' mouthing off but it's slopping over into the non-GB/non-entertainment media. She just HAD to hit the hornets' nest in the least tactful way possible!  Smiley
Now those of us who loved ATC but dislike the way she expressed her disappointment are in the difficult position of still liking the movie but not her remarks. Her co-stars, who may or may not agree with her, are being lumped in with her. I wouldn't be surprised if/when ATC gets a sequel, "Patty Tolan" is dropped from the film altogether or the part is recast.
You don't insult the people who can fire you!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #464 - Jan 23rd, 2019 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
The guy I ordered some proton pack parts from will be back from vacation on Sunday so I'm going to need to put some $$ on my debit card to pay him. Then, I'll start saving for the "gun boxes" which should take a couple of month since I'm coming in under budget on the above mentioned parts.
Once I'm able to get to my sewing machine, I'll make the uniforms.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #465 - Jan 26th, 2019 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
GB 3 has a release date confirmed by Jason Reitman: July 10, 2020

Nothing has been released about the cast -- nothing confirmed anyway -- or anything new about the plot. Some people are screaming about that and casting doubt on whether the project is starting pre-production, finishing pre-production, in production -- as in filming, has the script and nothing else or what?! Sony is playing it every close to the vest. After what happened with ATC, I can't blame them. Once details start to leak out, the "fanbabies" will be second guessing every decision and howling like a bunch of spoiled brats if whatever it is doesn't fit their vision.

None of the "survivors" have confirmed that they will be in the movie. Ernie Hudson went so far as to say that he hadn't been approached about it so there's grumbling about that but that "could" mean that they've signed Non-disclosure Agreements about their involvement and will be in the film. At least they've stopped bitching about the car.

The fuss about Leslie Jones' remarks is starting to die down. She's keeping her mouth shut, either because she doesn't want any more grief or someone at Sony has had a discreet word with her concerning future employment. It would be difficult to recast Patty Tolan but I don't doubt that it could be done. She can't be the only tall, imposing black actress in Hollywood. I don't know if Feig cast ATC without auditions but if there were others up for the part of Patty, tapping the second choice wouldn't be out of the question. It wouldn't be the first time a difficult actor was replaced. [Think Dusty Rhodes in the Iron Man/Avenger movies...]

Anyway, I have some time to prepare which is good 'cause I have a lot to do....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #466 - Jan 30th, 2019 at 5:50am
Print Post  
I went to the mat with my email and paypal today but after an epic struggle, I paid for the upper and lower display boxes I ordered. Once they get here, I'll have everything I need for that "unit" of the packs. I still have some parts to get but they are standard "off the shelf" parts. I'll have to have the "gun box" 3-D printed but fortunately, I can order them printed from the guy who made the printer file and I'd rather give the money to him than to anyone else. He's been ripped off way too often.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #467 - Feb 4th, 2019 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
The upper and lower displays arrived today and are beautiful. They should be painted to match the others and he sent me instructions.
NOW I need to finish saving for the gun boxes......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #468 - Feb 19th, 2019 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
FINALLY something the GB community can agree on.
The prices for the eagerly anticipated GB FanFest for June are too damn high. So high in fact that many fans who had put down deposits are cancelling and wanting their money back.
Sony and Wizard World will be lucky to break even on this one.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #469 - Apr 10th, 2019 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
We saved up and ordered the "boxes" for the proton guns. Royal Mail got them today so I hope they get here soon. I won't breathe easy until I've unpacked them and confirmed that they're all in order.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #470 - Apr 13th, 2019 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
The boxes arrived this morning -- early -- and Skywise and I have been figuring out how to put them together. Thank the Gods for photographs.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #471 - Apr 20th, 2019 at 3:41am
Print Post  
Doing research on how and with what to glue and paint PLA plastic.
Skywise has been examining the 3-D printed parts that arrived last week with an eye to making them more sturdy....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #472 - May 20th, 2019 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
According to the email I just got, the fabric for our GB uniforms has been shipped and "should" be here Wednesday. It's a 20 pound package so I'm hoping they shipped it on a bolt rather than a roll. A bolt will be hard to handle but a roll will be 100 times worse.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #473 - May 21st, 2019 at 2:08am
Print Post  
Since the fabric for our uniforms is on the way, I've ordered the reflective trim and printed out what I hope will be complete instructions for making them. I'm a damned good seamstress if I do say so myself. I might have to figure certain things out as I go but by the time I get to the fourth one, I should have it down cold. 

Post #41,341
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2019 at 2:08am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #474 - May 22nd, 2019 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
The fabric has arrived, on a bolt fortunately. The ribbon, however, has not been shipped yet. Rats!
Oh well, that will give me time to make the patterns.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25
Send TopicPrint